Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Do you think I should go live?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I seem to have the beat-matching skills down and I wonder if I should start doing gigs. My friends say they will let me do parties for them if I ask. Do you think Atomix is good for gigs? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Mensajes Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 1:35 am
My advice....Mix a compilation and put it on a CD. Send it around to as many people as u can (pref. DJ's) and have them let you know what they think.

Atomix has its ups and downs for doing gigs...

Pros: You don't need a U-Haul truck to bring your vinyl to gigs
Don't need to spend alot of $$$ on equipment or records
You can fit thousands of songs on your hard-drive
You don't have to invest alot

Cons: Sound Quality (A CD player has better sound quality)
It's just not as "classic" as spinning vinyl !!!
Your system MIGHT crash

But just try it !!!! You'll start off doing small gigs and weddings then who knows what can take off from there !!

(Please correct if i am wrong on any points mentioned above)
Dave

Mensajes Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 2:25 am
Thanks for the encouragement. I needed it. I also think that spinnin vinyl is the way to go but I haven't quite mastered that yet but someday.

Mensajes Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 2:54 am
The worst downside is the look...
I do gigs with Atomix...
I use a laptop with a touchpad mouse... I widely open my laptop so people dont see the screen... so I can still keep mixing with a stylish look.

Mensajes Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 4:09 am
SyfoonHome userMember since 2001
Personally...

...I use Atomix and vinyl...

I'm kinda the backup, or "spare" DJ at my local hard house club, and they think the fact I mix mainly with MP3's is superb.. a fresh new take at the art of DJing...

I'm also a hard house/hard trance DJ @tagstrance.com, and they think my methods are... strange, but they dont shun me because if it.

Plus,

I encode ALL my mp3's at 192kb's, which sounds as good as analogue or CD... plus when your pumping out the sound through a huge sound system, its hardly noticible... Well, to the crowd that is, they're too busy having fun! (Who do you know that stands in a club saying "Y'know, the quality of this is dire, should have been encoded at a higher birate")

But, I agree, record a 60min+ set, make sure its good (=P), and try to get gigs with it!

Oh, for gigs, use a mixer! Its more... true

One downside, if you don't have a laptop (Like me), you have to lug a PC with you... that or use another HD =P

Anyway, I've wasted enough of your time, I'll get my coat

- Bren (Syfoon)

Mensajes Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 8:50 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)