Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Why isn't virtual dj optimised for automatic use

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You now there are a lot of bartenders who are dj's to they have to pour drinks and play music.
So why isn't VDJ Optimised for automatic use???.
Is that because you are the same company that is owner of the overpriced dj-box???.

Mensajes Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 2:10 pm
Because Vdj need human action, vdj need that you make your playlist,and Dj Box is full automatic, lunch it and the music start ! No Dj competence is need for using Dj Box.

Mensajes Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 3:41 pm
But if you make an option that the fade in and out begins between 5 or 10 seconds instead of the first and last beat.
The bartender or the dj don't have to worry for a silend time between fading.
And whe can take a pis or help a client.
Now i have to switch to www._______________.com befor i can take a leek or so.

Mensajes Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 3:48 pm
Virtual Dj is for live mix, it as a automix fonction so that really great for slow song and anything but is not optimiosed for that.

The software that you give seems to be very boring to use 8(

Dj Box had a dedicaced Pc with more than 20 000 minutes of music inside, if you want rock style, clik on rock, if you want house style clik on house, it's perfect for people who don't want be care about music.

You can read more information on this web page : www.dj-box.com

Mensajes Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 4:10 pm
yep you can do that with mobiledj to i made maps with rock, pop etc. playlist a so on. it is boring but it does not cost like 4999,- but like 19,95!
And i have more than 30000min. of music on my drive.
But i think it would be a minor adjustment by the vdj team to make a better autoplay!.

Mensajes Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 4:24 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Why don't you buy this soft for when you go to piss, and VDJ for when you mix?
This two soft can make a good "mobile dj" solution, using both of them...

FRUiT94

Mensajes Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 8:51 pm
OOOOH come on it most be no problem for VDJ to make this little option in the software.
I mean sometimes i like to mix and sometimes i like to listen to easy listening music and it wouldt be great if vdj couldt do those two things.
All the guy's from atomixmp3 no that i am the guy that whas begging for more than two years for a limiter and the automatic use option.
Please don't let me do this any more and implant this minor option, you make a lotta people happy.

By the way i love the new "atomixmp3" but i can't buy it because of a VAT issue??!!

Mensajes Fri 19 Dec 03 @ 1:05 pm
Slava,

VirtualDj Is not a "new atomixmp3" !

For the Vat I give an answer to you, contact Swreg, they will explain you how do to that.

Mensajes Fri 19 Dec 03 @ 6:04 pm
So you say it's not a new atomixmp3??, i say it is but instead of giving a new update, the developers wanne make some more money and made a atomixmp3 with a better sound engine and more of those little things.
But i realy do not mind to pay money for good software and i wouldt pay even more if it was optimised for automatic use to.
Thanx for the help on that VAT issue :-).

Mensajes Fri 19 Dec 03 @ 10:55 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Most everything that could be done has been done with the basics that Atomixmp3 was built on. This is a brand new software re-built from the ground up with newer technologies that weren't available when Atomixmp3 was born. In appearence and functionality they seem similar, but believe me VirtualDJ is NOT an updated version of Atomixmp3.

This argument has already been hashed out in the Atomixmp3 forum a couple months ago.
Why drag it up again. :-)

It seems that you always bring negativity to the table when you ring in... How about smiling once in a while.

Mensajes Fri 19 Dec 03 @ 11:23 pm
O Rick didn't you see the smile in my last message????

Oké here it goes :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-).

No i am not trying to be negetive, but i like to make atomixmp (oeps sorry) Virtual dj the perfect tool for all the pubs, bars, party pubs, clubs etc. in the world.

For instance take a Grand Café the play easy listening and top 100 hits in the daytime and a dj wil make a party afther 22 hours.
And as a bar owner myself, i would like to see this in one piece of software.
AND VDJ IS SO DAME CLOSE, in day time whe can let VDJ play in automode and put in some request numbers clients wanne hear and for this whe could use the easy interface!.
When the dj shows up and it's party time! the only thing he has to do is to switch to the Dj interface and hopla.

and don't think i trying to be negative, i only want the best for every one.
When i whas begging for a limiter on the gain everbody whas saying that 'whe' didn't need that to, and look there is a limiter on VDJ.

Greetz,
Salva

Mensajes Sat 20 Dec 03 @ 11:08 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Pleaaaaaaase, don't optimse VirtualDJ for automatic ussssse !!!!
Make it better to comunicate with the DJ.
Make it stronger to manage my music, support my hardware, support others codecs.
Puch Denon, Pioneer, Technics and others actual CD players to the past, to the history of the DJing hardware, but don't make VirtualDJ an Ultra-Winamp!
Thanks!
That's my opinion.

Mensajes Sat 20 Dec 03 @ 4:03 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I disagree Kaelo... an autoplay function is actually needed for this software.
But, that's my opinion.

Mensajes Sat 20 Dec 03 @ 6:58 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
DJ Rick:
LOL, it's a forum, so I had to give my opinion... as you had to give yours :)

Mensajes Sat 20 Dec 03 @ 10:11 pm
Hey Dj Rick are you on my side???, thats great now i have hopes for a better autoplay in the near futher.

I have a encore media player in the bar now, it's great but it's costing 120€ a month for the music updates (they send a update every two months and you get 3.500 tracks in the system) the update works great just put the cd in the pc and it wil load it automaticly.
http://www.encore-media.com/
But even with the denon controller it's hard to mix (no autobeat engine :-)

If VDJ get's a better autoplay i will replace the system at ones!!

Mensajes Sun 21 Dec 03 @ 8:21 pm
This is way I have said time and time again that VDJ needs to have a playlist that would not always need to be on automix to get the job done. A good fade out sometime would be all you need.

Mensajes Sun 21 Dec 03 @ 8:57 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I agree too, VDJ needs better automix, with more fade options, more length values, more modes.

FRUiT94

Mensajes Sun 21 Dec 03 @ 10:11 pm
'Why don't we make a pol?

Mensajes Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 12:00 am
I keep saying the same thing we need a pol for new features that we may want to see in VDJ

Mensajes Mon 22 Dec 03 @ 12:57 am
I too would like automation (need automation). I can't switch from Atomixmp3 to this until that happens. I'm a DJ saxaphonist entertainer and need it to automate because I'm perfoming in the audience and can't put my horn doen to kick off next tune.

Wright

Mensajes Mon 19 Jan 04 @ 5:51 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)