Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Tema: better design,better mixes

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

lianeHome userMember since 2002
Quick question for those of you that found the key to happiness (or at least with Dj equipment :)
Which Skin in your opinions has the best layout and function...as well as best features?
Cause as sophisticated as these packages have become (mind you not one crash with six downloads...a new record i think),
And as amazing as the graphics have become,most seem so cluttered with just about everything flashy,and to practical as far as well placed features and the sizes of them. And black nobs on dark back rounds are a little tricky for dark clubs and parties...and knobs too small and too close together.
Im like many,came from years of 1200 technics...
Clean,tight design... seemed timeless ...until now~

I do love this AtomiX system...
Now i just need a little thought on finding the best design
Any thought i would love to hear... THanXs,Li

Mensajes Wed 22 May 02 @ 8:34 am
I really like what Jim Nordic achieved with his Silver-skin, it's easy to use and you basically just have to act on your intuition 'cause all the controls are where they should be..

the pro-version of that one seems pretty clear and easy to read as well but I don't have a mixer so I can't use the pro-versions that much (keyboard shortcuts aren't precise enough to replace a mixer or graphical slider)

It's becoming more and more obvious to me that my own skin is kinda turning out to be a Silver-lookalike as the controls are basically placed in the same maner and the info-windows might just turn out to be a cheap ripoff-version of Jim's cool red LED display :o)

Mensajes Wed 22 May 02 @ 9:04 am
thanx for the quick plug about my pro version of the jn-silve t2t. i honestly think everyone has their own favorite skin.. and i bet it varies widely. i end up using the 800x600 version of the tascam a lot. not just because i'm the one who converted it, but because it seems like everything is spaced out nicely.

i finally had the nerve to actually start my own skin tonight. it's nothin' special.. but i'm spacing everything out and it won't be all flashy and stuff. i'm trying to achieve a simple and logical layout. hopin' to have it done in less than a week.
a lot of people will probably not enjoy it because it won't be as flashy as the rest.. but i know that i, and a lot of other people are getting to the point where functionality is starting to be the main concern.

dave

Mensajes Wed 22 May 02 @ 10:33 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thats basically how I tried to design my skin. Big, plenty of room, and all controls in a central and logic manner, so thier easy to get to. [Shameless Plug]If you haven't already, check mine out. Its the "Atomix 1024" skin. :)[/Shameless Plug]

Grimm

Mensajes Wed 22 May 02 @ 2:29 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Doh!

I dont even know the name of my own skin. :P

Atomix 1280

Its a 1280x1024 size skin. Very big. ;)

Grimm

Mensajes Wed 22 May 02 @ 2:32 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I am still using the greece skin, it seems to be the easiest to use for functionabilty.

DJ Homeboy

Mensajes Wed 22 May 02 @ 2:45 pm
I still like the reloop skin the most

:oP

Mensajes Wed 22 May 02 @ 3:17 pm
Hehe.. I must admit I had completely missed the greece/greece pro-skin..
looks really intuitive and very well planned.. :o)

Mensajes Wed 22 May 02 @ 3:59 pm
JN Classic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (My Edition)

Don't get me started on how functional and well laid out it is !!!!!!!!! i LOVE it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mensajes Wed 22 May 02 @ 4:48 pm
Darkfun Blue!!!!

Mensajes Fri 24 May 02 @ 1:57 pm
I think almost all skins are good enough for pro mixing. It is just a matter of getting used to them. But as you mentioned in your post, it also depends on the monitor you're using. I've had a few complaints about my choice of colors. What seemed fine on my screen, looked too dark on other monitors.

I use my Silver-skin (No advertising intended), because every control slider, button, and info-window and their position is drilled into my brain. Partially from designing it. I know exactly where to look when I need to do something.

* I would recommend that you select a skin with a layout that makes sense to you. Learn it.

* I also suggest that you pick a skin with a high probability of getting updated when new features are added to Atomix. I can't help you there. But I would imagine that some of the more flashy skins will be harder to update.

But I'll always update the Silver-skin.
Hey Janosch! I guess you'll have a blast when the next update comes! How many have you done now? :) But don't worry. We'll help you out. There's a bunch of you skinners out there who will gladly help out. Right, guys?

Cya

-Jim

Mensajes Fri 24 May 02 @ 5:28 pm
You're right Jim.
I think i must take one week holiday to make the skins up to date.
I think that i update the most downloaded skins first.

greetz,
Janosch

Mensajes Fri 24 May 02 @ 6:04 pm
lianeHome userMember since 2002
Greetings All~
Just a quick note to thank you guys for your input.
Been outta town the last 3 weeks...
Now home I'm anxious to download a few of your
recommendations.
Btw,took the reg ole mixer loaded with trax on my road
trip... Still can't believe how damn good this new version
is...Truly Smooth~ ThanXs again,Dj Li

Mensajes Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 8:01 am
how do i add a new skin to my atomix......

Mensajes Tue 11 Jun 02 @ 4:59 am
Hi,
please read the FAQ !
There go to Skins and you know how to add a skin to atomixmp3.

greetz,
Janosch

Mensajes Tue 11 Jun 02 @ 4:55 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)