Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: atomix, winamp with line-in for visuals on a single PC

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Some time ago, I ran a line-out from my mixer to a 2nd pc, with a beamer attached to display beat-reacting visuals during a big party. It was great.
However, bringing along a 2nd pc is somewhat of a pain.

On my atomix-pc i have a dual-head video card. Now I intend to run on a single pc: atomix (on video-output 2), and winamp with a really nice visual (via line-in again) on video output 1.
This already works, and performance is OK.

I have 3 questions:
1. is there a smarter/better setup than this, given that I only want to use a single PC?
2. do any other people also run this setup, and have you experienced any stability issues / crashes / bad performance (I use winamp 2.81, not winamp 3).
3. do you have any tips for good winamp-visuals to drive the crowd crazy?

thanks in advance,
arie

Mensajes Sun 27 Oct 02 @ 4:01 pm
Start winamp before you start atomixmp3. Otherwise, the waveform tends to freeze more often than the other way around.
The good visuals for winamp are punkie, milkdrop, monkey, geiss, g force. They all work on winamp2, not winamp3. If you use the classic visualization plugin by ryan geiss to run these visuals on winamp3, you might have a problem because on my windows 98, as long as the classic visualization is installed, there is always an error message about illegal operation when exiting from winamp3.

Mensajes Mon 28 Oct 02 @ 3:45 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)