Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Hip-Hop?...R'n'B?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello everyone.

I'm new here.
I just downloaded the demo version of atomixmp3 because i want to try it before I purchase it. I liked it...BUT..the problems is, I can't get to use "AUTOMIX" when I wanna mix some R'n'B and Hip-Hop songs!!!!.."Automix" button works with me..but It doesn't match the beats of the songs i'm mixing. I tried to "Automix" some club and trance songs..it worked great!!!..but "Automix" doesn't work with any Hip-Hop or R'n'B song i have. Is it because I'm using the demo version right now???
I just wanted to try the demo version before i purchase it. I don't like trance or club music..I'm into Hip-Hop and i want to use the button "Automix" because I'm not even a professional DJ. I'm confused why "Automix" works with trance and club music but it doesn't work with Hip-Hop and R'n'B?????
Please help me.
Thank you

Mensajes Fri 02 May 03 @ 2:37 pm
hey dog
I noticed the same thing and It most likely because of the fact that dance, club, techno, trance, etc. has a constant beat and hiphop and r&b have more complex beats that just cant be mixed by matching one single beat... atomixmp3's automix needs to match multiple beats and not just find the next one that pop's up because if it is too not on beat enough it would slow the whole song down and not just speed it up...if you get what i'm sayin but yeah the thing that works for me is taking the pitch range and making it to 8% that helps and auto mix find the beat! That might help.

Mensajes Fri 02 May 03 @ 3:11 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That probably indicates that the BPMof the song has been improperly reported generally due to a complex or "busy" beat. For these songs you'll have to manually count the BPM, then edit the misreported bpm.

good luck man!

Mensajes Fri 02 May 03 @ 3:45 pm
Yeah that's what i said

Mensajes Fri 02 May 03 @ 3:49 pm
no offense, learn how to DJ. its a lot more than just pressing the GO button and having everyone say WOW hes great because the software did all the work.

i started out on Atomix and I still feel its the best/ But some point you need to move up the ladder and learnt he real deal when it comes to jocking music.

No dis to atomix, but it's night and day in the real world.

Mensajes Mon 05 May 03 @ 6:27 am
That`s what i was trying to say before. Atomix it`s not just a software for the beginers. Hip Hop and R&B songs have no constant beat and requires a dj`s skills. That`s why you should learn how to mix just using the most important think from dj`s : the ears and the taste for the beats. The question is : Why do not use Atomix, if the regular cd players don`t have the same function and also the turntables ? Atomix has a bunch of functions that these equipments even come close. The new generation of mixing has become, but the dj`s skills are still required.

Mensajes Mon 05 May 03 @ 7:11 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It seems everyone has an opinion about this. I started out on turntables 14-15 years ago. I am able to mix pretty much at the same level with Turntables, CD's, or Atomix. (although you can be a lot more creative with Atomix) There's Certainly a lot about Atomixmp3 that makes it much easier... there was a lot about CD's that made it easier than Vinyl. These differences just make it easier to push the limits with each new technology that rolls along. You say you want to start with Atomixmp3, and move up the ladder... sorry man, I think maybe you have it backwards... 7 years on turntables, then another 5 or so years on CD's make me appreciate Atomixmp3 that much more. I also think my previous mixing experiences with the other platforms makes me push Atomix a little further than someone who thinks Atomixmp3 is just training wheels for "real mixing".
Good luck on the way up your ladder.

Mensajes Mon 05 May 03 @ 7:19 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)