Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Recording control movements

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

duncsHome userMember since 2004
I've looked through the other posts but haven't found this suggested yet - Forgive me if it has been already mentioned.

I am very new to this product but very impressed with its functionality. However, one thing I would like to see is the ability for the product to record any movements of the controlers and the selection of the tracks. This would work very much like the controlers in Reason and Rebirth.

So, Imagine you are doing a live mix and the software is recording everything you do. You could take this into the studio and edit with the mix to improve it for cutting to CD. You could remove any mistakes made (such as missed beats of poor crossfades) and improve on the final mix.

I am not a DJ but I am using this software to mix my own work. The ability to use software like this to create new tracks from beats that I have composed would be of great use.

So the functions I would look for are

1 - Real time recording of all controlers
2 - Real time recording of all track selections
3 - the replay of these recordings with onscreen display of the movements
4 - the ability to modify controlers for certain sections and then let the pre recorded controlers take effect again
5 - the ability to over lay new controler settings over existing ones

One further thing I would like to see is to have an additional input option of a feed from Reason/Rebith/Fuityloops/line in. I don't know how feasible that this would be but it would be great to be able to use VirtualDJ to perform all my final mixing of tracks I produce. VirtualDJ could buffer 2 seconds or so of the feed and you would be able to view the wave form of the feed to help mix and follow beats.

Duncs

Mensajes Wed 18 Feb 04 @ 3:02 am
duncsHome userMember since 2004
Oh - One other use of this function would be to provide an automatic mix if you need to leave the decks for a moment. So, when you need to go to the toilet, mix in the first track that you have recorded the control movements for. Then load up the recorded control movements and set it to unattended.

You can then leave your decks while the software plays a mix you produced earlier. When you return, just turn of the unattended mix and mix your track back into something else.

I hope this makes sense.

Duncs

Mensajes Wed 18 Feb 04 @ 11:40 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)