Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: the sound quality - 2 sound cards is great?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I remember ages ago there was a roaring debate about the sound quality of atomix not being so great. Myself, I had never really noticed any great sound quality loss (compared to Winamp). Granted, I never use Time Stretch and after buying atomix (then called Virtual DJ, the first time around) I imediately bought extra sound cards a nice external mixer to go with it.

Does anyone here remember if the sound quality tests were done using one or two sound cards? By ear, when I switch to use one sound card the sound quality does drop. My guess, then is that this moaning of sound quality was related to using atomix with a single sound card. So bypassing the software mixer is the key to good sound?...

Can anyone with some inside knowledge give me some clues as to how the internal wiring of Atomix works? Are the MP3s pumped straight through the Xaudio DLL when you use an external sound card? (as an aside, any chance to upgrade atomix to the latest Xaudio version, isnt this just a recompile to link in the right API locations - or are there commercial$$ reasons for this too?).

Thanks for any info given...

Mensajes Mon 12 Jan 04 @ 1:04 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)