Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: 5 simple rules to being a GOOD D.J.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

THE five simple rules to being a dj was posted here in the forums by another pro...it was so good that i copied it and saved it because...THEY ARE TRUE !!

I share this little tid-bit with you because I am a long time pro who would like to share some of my knowledge with you and hopefully gain some from you.

If you an up-coming pro this one single document will in the long run prove to be priceless knowledge for you.

If you want to learn you will read this.

Remember...no matter how much or little experience a Dj has...you can learn from each and every one of them.

No matter what anyone says these 5 rules will speak for and assure that you are or will become a professional in this business. Even though it was made to sound funny...it is very true...these 5 rules alone will set you apart from the jock who insists on doing it his or her way, and mark you as a true pro who will continue to have success long after the one who won't compromise has fallen by the wayside or lost their love for the tune of the business while searching for "Their Version"
of "The Perfect Mix."

5 simple rules to being a Dj

1) Whatever the people in the room want to hear that falls within the format expressed by the owner of the room when he hired me.

2) Whatever the people in the room want to hear that falls within the format expressed by the owner of the room when he hired me.

3) Any combination of 1 & 2.

4) See 1, 2 & 3 above.

5) All of the above.

REMEMBER.......a pro puts aside his favorite music and plays what the CROWD wants so long as it falls within the bounds set by the person who hires him or her.

And if anyone tells you a Dj is not an artist...well.... a true Dj can paint a mood with his music the same way an artist paints a canvas...a PRO Dj can also play a crowd like a musical instrument just like any pro musician...
Thanks for reading this and I hope I have given some inspiration to you...this line of work is
VERY rewarding if you take a professional attitude towards it and put aside your personal tastes,
likes and dislikes.

Mensajes Sat 11 Sep 04 @ 10:05 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
:-)
I remember that! Was a long time ago.

Mensajes Tue 05 Oct 04 @ 10:13 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)