Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: TCV's, Samples, and some kinda noise

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

tipsyHome userMember since 2005
hey

I just recieved my tcv's and they appear to work great, although when I scratch on certian songs, it sounds kind of "wet". It doesn't sound crystal clear if you know what I mean. Is there a way to fix this?
Also, I have configured the samples using the ASIO Sound Card option. When I want to play a sample in VDJ, and I click the PLAY button, it just flashes on and off really quickly. How can I get the samples to actually play?

peace,
tipsy

Mensajes Fri 05 Aug 05 @ 6:54 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Tipsy,

What sound card are you using?. The issue in ASIO mode it's solve using the advanced mode in VDJ Time Coded Vinyl Configuration. In there select and deselect the options in "Invert Stereo" or "Invert Phase" to change that problem. Also check the GAIN and SILENCE to get the best results.

You could get more info looking in the forum for TCVs configuration.

Good Luck!

Mensajes Fri 05 Aug 05 @ 7:59 pm
I'm using a delta 44. I fixed the problem with the "wet" noise I think, but how do I get the samples to work. When I try to use advanced config with tcv's, I can pick what channel the samples go through. however, I can pick Delta 44 1/2 Right, Delta 44 1/2 Left, Delta 44 3/4 Right, and Delta 44 3/4 Left. I can only pick 2 of those, but I want the samples through all channels at all times. Is there a way to do this?

thanks again

peace,
tipsy

Mensajes Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 12:46 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think this was a new feature from VDJ 2.1 but i'm sorry i can't remember how to do it.
The best is to use a third soundcard for the samples. I'm sure you have an integrated soundcard on your motherboard that would do the trick.

Mensajes Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 1:46 am
ok, but HOW could tipsy get samples through with the intergrated soundcard, im having trhe same probs

Mensajes Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 2:16 am
alright ... yeah I know what your saying I have two other soundcards in my comp that would work, but how would I route that through my speakers, as they only have one stereo input for auxilary. I cant put them through my external mixer either because it's only 2 channels (Numark DXM03), and although they are line and phono, sometimes I would want to have both turntables playing while in the middle of a mix, then run a sample. what would I do then?

peace,
tipsy

Mensajes Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 2:29 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
this is a quite complexe question and i don't really know what to answer. I think you could ask this to eservice.

I know a friend of mine who uses TCV put the samples to be played on the right channel of deck 1 and on the right channel of deck 2. That kills the stereo but i don't know how to get it stereo on both channels with TCV.

Mensajes Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 1:00 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)