Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Song ID Tags

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm new to this software and forum. Could anyone tell me what "Read ID3 Tags" and "Write VDJ Tags" mean? Is there a preferred setting for them that would be recommended?

I've been having some minor glitches with some of my song titles not appearing in the "Title" column, even though the other info is there. And many times I can't get the "author" column to show the artist name, even though it's in the mp3 properties of the song.

Thanks for your help.

Howard

Mensajes Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 6:43 am
Get a proper ID3 tag editor. I'm using MP3 Collector, but there's loads if similar programs that are good. I'm tagging only artist - title, and nothing else.

Mensajes Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 9:43 am
Thanks for the info. Is there a problem with the ID3 tag editor that's in Windows? I'll check it out some other editors as you suggested if that's the case.

Mensajes Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 7:05 am
Hey there antileon, could you describe how the mp3 collector works please? Like some tips in using it or something along those lines. Thanks m8

Mensajes Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 8:23 am
http://www.collectorz.com/mp3/features.php

In simple: you can batch rename ID3 tags, add/remove tags inside the ID3 info.
In my case, I want only the information regarding ARTIST and TITLE (and album); nothing else is relevant.
The program is great for that purpose, not so great in batch renaming files. That, I use Flash Renamer for.

Mensajes Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 11:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I use "Tag & Rename Ver 2.05" http://www.softpointer.com with success in the last 5 years, never needed more, never even had to update.
But i would recomend you not to use ID3 Tags with VDJ. Correct file names should be much quicker for searching your Database.

Mensajes Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 12:43 am
DJDAD, when I read the formats that tag & rename says it uses I didn't see CD+G, MP3+G does this software work for karaoke music?
if not can you recomend software to batch rename zip files without having to do each file individually?
I have many songs that I have ripped from my CD+Gs, and converted them to zip, now I need a way to rename the zip files automaticly without having to type each name and artist in manually.

Mensajes Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 1:50 am
Thanks all for your help with the renaming files. Much appreciated! I ended up just renaming the files to [artist] - [title] by hand, and it's working just fine. Took a bit of work but as I said it's working fine now.

Thanks again for your help.

Howard

Mensajes Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 6:51 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)