Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: What are these digits in the mp3database file?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
what are the last digits on the file?
eg D:\d\01WORLDMUSIC\3.6\04-ebony_eyez-in_ya_face_remix_(acapella)-sut.mp3,3825664
what is the 3825664 part?

asking because as is VDJ scans the whole hdd. so what happens if one gets into the txt file and deletes some files/folders.... would it negatively affect the operation of the program?

(this is an attempt to delete the useless files like window sound files and other files and folders)

vp aka anon

Mensajes Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 1:35 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
... 04-ebony_eyez-in_ya_face_remix_(acapella)-sut.mp3,3825664

what is the 3825664 part
and would the program be affected negatively if one deleted useless files like the windows sound files from the mp3database txt file

Mensajes Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 1:41 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey vpcdj

I have to say i'm not entirely sure what the last number means on that tag...sorry about that...:o|

But i'm sure if you delete those windows sound files from your .xml then it won't affect your collection. I take it you've just searched for music files using the database command on the left hand side??? if so, this search always brings up EVERY SINGLE SOUND on your pc...window sounds, the lot!!! If you delete them, they should not affect your system in any way.

Perhaps some other thread readers could confirm this????

Cheers...and keep spinnin'..:o)

P

Mensajes Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 1:55 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
"what is the 3825664 part"

Filesize : 3.825.664 bytes (~ 3.8 mb)

Mensajes Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 3:21 am
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
This in indeed the filesize.
I should not delete the filesize because I think filesize is a link with the xml database file.

You can indeed delete complete line without any effect in the program.

Maybe the dev team can confirm this.

Mensajes Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 5:20 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)