Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: scratch delay

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hi, seems like when i scratch, there is a slight delay. what are the things to tweak to make it better?
bbj

Mensajes Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 10:43 pm
It sounds like a latency issue. Play around with the latency settings the lower the better performace.

Mensajes Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 10:52 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
What soundcard are you using? Does it have asio?

Mensajes Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 11:35 pm
I have the same issue with my TCCD setup. I could take the time to just get used to the delay, but I'd rather not. I have a Maya44usb and I have the ASIO set to normal. Anything higher than normal produces cracks and pops in the sound, which of course is not acceptable. Not really even sure why they have settings higher than Normal if all they do is produce cracks and pops.

This is all on my 3.0Ghz laptop with 1GB of ram. I did just purchase a couple of systems with Dual CPU 3.6Ghz Xeon EMT64 bit and 2GB of RAM. You really can't get much more processing bandwith than that in a standard PC. I'm going to load those up with VDJ, the Maya and connect my TCCD and see if I can get the latency within a reasonable feel.

Also keep in ind that most of the TCCD/TCV users don't report any latency issues at all, so I guess we are unique in that aspect.

Mensajes Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 12:39 am
i use maya44usb as well and the asio drive that came with it.

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 1:31 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I use TCVs with ASIO and they are like a true vynil, no delays, no cracks no pops.

Anewsome you will have a better performance with your dualprocessor computer.

I have a single P4 Intel 540 (3.2GHz, FSB 800, 1MB Cache) with 1.5GB DDR2 533MHz in RAM.

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 1:52 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
with either of my cards i have almost no latency, it feels natural. I have ASIO4ALL set to 16ms for in & out in both cards. Maybe the MAYA is different, it has it's own ASIO program right? i also had to lower my buffer, too high and i get a weird "digital" sounding scratch.

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 3:19 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have maya 44 with audiotrak asio drivers and I set to rapid....as anewsome said I can't set to highspeed because I get pops/crackles but I'm usually ok with the rapid setting. I don't notice a latency and I have no where near the power of some of the computers you all have (1.4 GHZ with 768 ram laptop).

@Listen 2 or anyone - where do you adjust buffer settings?

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 7:53 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
with only 256RAM at the moment about the 200 meg range, my on-board card works so well i can set it very low like 64 and it still performs the same, its my 2nd card SB live that has issues, if that is too high i get a strange digital scratch(which is very cool sounding for an effect) but works great when lowered between 192-256, (until i scratch too much then i have to minimize to fix sound) i believe with more ram it might be ok, i have just heard the SB live! cards are nice but the drivers aren't.

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 9:39 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)