Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Time Code Vinyl: Headphone monitoring

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

sla200xPRO InfinityMember since 2005
When using theTime Code Vinyl: Can you set your headphone monitoring independant from what is available in the Time Code configuration? I am using a Maya44 MKII (PCI) soundard and using the ASIO driver from the vendor. I can only monitor via the mixer by pressing the prefader lisitng (PFL) button. I want to montitor using another soundcard in my PC. When VDJ is not in Time Code mode, I have that ability, but not once I switch to Time Code, I loose my monitoring via my second soundcard. Is that the way this should work?

Thanks
sla200x

Mensajes Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 2:14 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Sla200x,

Maybe you have to load ASIO4ALL and Check Maya44 and the other soundcard. Then Slect ASIO4ALL as your ASIO Driver to use in VDJ.

Mensajes Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 2:25 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
using tcv with asio drivers it's imposible for the moment .
it's a big limitation

Mensajes Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 7:16 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Man-TK..wha..wha..what? When I use my TCV the asio drivers aren't working? I load them with the Maya 44 usb software, I select them, I change the configurations on them, my computer makes me reinstall them (too often but that's another thread)... So VDJ in TCV mode doesn't use Asio Drivers? I realize Asio is key to hardware/software effective interface and I'm really suprised by your comment that TCV doesn't use them. Sorry to take this thread off topic but you boggled my mind. Are you 100% certain? I have to imagine that is a big issue...although it seems to work pretty well without it if this is true.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 2:59 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
DJEJ,

The first post tell us he want to use TCVs and the headphones. Man-Tk means you couldn't get ASIO with Maya AND headphones and that is a big limitation. You only could use 1 mixed output to your main amp and other to headphones, but not 2 output to your mixer and 1 for the phones.

When you go for Maya you only have 2 stereo outputs and you need 3. 1 for one plate, 1 for the other and one for the headphones.

If we could use another soundcard and put this sound card for the headphones or effects it will be perfect. But you don't have it now in VDJ, you must use ASIO4ALL to group your soundcards like it was only one. If you go to the Advanced Config and make this config, you could not use ASIO for that.

If you use ASIO and your current soundcard only have two stereo outputs, then you could have headphones thru the computer and only one mixed output of the 2 VDJ plates. If you have 2 plates in the 2 outputs (1&2=Plate1 and 3&4=Plate2), you couldn't have headphones in the computer, but only use headphones with a mixer in this scenario.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 6:01 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thank you ACW, I feel much better.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 9:09 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)