Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Fairly basic question abt MAYA44USB.... advice HIGHLY apreciated

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i am a promote for a House Music Club in CT.
we are starting to book djs who use laptops (introduce the new technology to a large crowd)

my situation is such...i have a guest dj in sept....he uses:
Virtual DJ 3.01
a very high end laptop (im not sure the name but and almost 100% that is is lacking in Any capablity or having any sort of hardware conflict)

we would like to run his MAYA44 USB so that we have TWO analog outputs that can be run directly into the clubs dj mixer....

can this be done with this card (or would we actutally need 2 external soundcards).
if this CAN be done......I would sincerely appreciate the advice.

nate
--@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry nateman7777777 no email address is allowed from a demo user

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 6:06 am
bald_djHome userMember since 2004
i use the sound card in my lap top for cueing or i run it to the mixer for monitor speakers. I have a second external high end sound card via usb that i run to the mixing console for the main dance floor.

i hope this helps

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 6:39 am
Your guest dj needs a full version of Virtual DJ to make it work. The program supports most sound cards on the market as you request, but not in DEMO/PIRATED versions of Virtual DJ.
The latest version is 3.1. The Maya 44 USB has 4 ANALOG IN/4 ANALOG OUT, perfectly suitable for using Timecoded Vinyls for instance.
The program can be purchased from this website http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/ for $149 or 124€, instant download - with full access to support, skins, plugins and other benefits.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 12:59 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
The first thing to make it work, is BUY a full version at this site. Register as a full user, and then you can buy a Maya 44 or anything you may need. It's the best way to make VDJ works fine!.

Hope see you soon as a full member.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 5:36 pm
first off....he DOES have the FULL PURCHASED COPY.
he built his computer specifically around this Virtual DJ(hence the MAYA USB) and he also purchased the time coded vinyls (but we are not going to be using them for this gig).
he is a DOCTOR and doesnt really have the time or effort to figure it out and it is frustrating him to no end. Im on the msgbrd just trying to help him (just an FYI, I personally have purchased the FULL VERSION of atomix and had a legit username-nateman.....i just couldnt remember the old password)

if someone could please give me the specific instructions for set up/settings i would apprciate it.

nate

we are not looking to pirate your software, we have purchased copies and we want to advertise what can be done off a laptop in a good sized club (IE it is GREAT advertising for you)---if yall wanna send us some promo buss cards we would be happy to pass them out after his set goes off well....it IS the biggest club in new haven ct.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 7:10 pm
Sorry Nate,

The problem you expose is typically with a pirated version. We saw this kind of questions and silly excuses too (no mean you are in this situation). If HE has a full Buyed version, he must have a resgister user, you must enter with that user and check the information you don't see now.

You could connect the maya to the mixer, no need of other soundcard. Just Config in the soundcard section. You must install you Maya drivers and config VDJ as simple I describe.

You must register your versions, or contact e-service to do it. Your current status don't allow you to check the tutorials and proper sections.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 10:23 pm
Hi I am DJ Silverio and the below post is from my friend Nate who also purchased Atomix...I am the one who needs help here and I AM A REGISTERED USER. I did not pirate the software...no way! I need to get two channels going into the mixer from my Maya USB/Virtual DJ 3.01 and I have no clue how to do this. Can someone please help? I just spent $250 4 months ago for this software and have had no luck figuring this situation out, not to mention the $1250 for the laptop that could deal with VDJ resource laden platform!

"I am a promoter for a House Music Club in CT.
we are starting to book djs who use laptops (introduce the new technology to a large crowd)

my situation is such...i have a guest dj in sept....he uses:
Virtual DJ 3.01
a very high end laptop (im not sure the name but and almost 100% that is is lacking in Any capablity or having any sort of hardware conflict)

we would like to run his MAYA44 USB so that we have TWO analog outputs that can be run directly into the clubs dj mixer....

can this be done with this card (or would we actutally need 2 external soundcards).
if this CAN be done......I would sincerely appreciate the advice."

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 2:08 am
I have answer you, you don't need any other soundcards, the maya could do the job.

You have a serial number with your software, please introduce it in "Modify My Profile" (in the upper right of the window) and in there go to "Software Registration->If you bought a software, enter your serial number here :" to register properly your VDJ 3.01 and could view the ilustrated configuration that will help you.

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 2:19 am
Hi....I have a problem. There is a printout of the serial number when you buy the software and I can't find it. How do I retrieve my valid serial #????

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 2:47 am
does he have to obtain the Rosetta Stone or order a Secret Decoder Ring to get the schematics? I feel like im watching the movie National treasure with Nic Cage!
LOL

I am just joking, yall have a great product and were looking forward to getting this thing to run its best for this gig....if anyone wants too shoot us any promo material/buss crds we would be pass it out then (--@--.--). we will be playing off it on the bigggest club in new haven (its called alchemy)

jon, reg the serial number and lets get this thing movin!

thanks for the QUICK help.
n

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry nateman7777777 no email address is allowed from a demo user

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 2:49 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 2:53 am
I found it..

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 2:54 am
djsilverio your ursername is the one you have registred at the time of purchase. For further help, please contact: e-service

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 3:16 am
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Will you guys stop screwing around and register your product. I have been trying to figure out how to do this for months.

Dave S.

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 4:25 pm
Sorry if I misunderstood. Your question is asked by many people who are using DEMO or PIRATED versions of Virtual DJ.
Config > Sound Cards > 4.1 mode for example, or Advanced Config. Try different settings. It will work, cause it works for many many other users.

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 4:57 pm

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 10:24 pm
The diagram shows the use of Y splitters on the audio. You could skip these and rely on the time code bypass function in VDJ so you can play regular records (or CDs), however I don't recommend doing that. Using Y splitters is the way to go,.. unless you only have 2 inputs on your mixer. In which case, I would recommend upgrading.

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 11:45 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)