Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Tema: What do tou think is important...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi guys!
I'm making a skin right now... It's alot of work rest..
I just want to ask a little question...

Wich features do you need in a skin... Wich features is the most important for you?

Dj Cash

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 4:38 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
three huge video monitors....

Mensajes Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 8:36 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
chill it's comming....

Mensajes Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 11:49 pm
hmm, sounds cool.. I have a little bit bigger "video-screen" in my skin.. maybe I can make it bigger.. or maybe I can make the decks smaller and have two more "screens"..?

Plzzzz tell me what you need in a skin.. cues, decks, eq.... just tell me..

Dj Cash

Mensajes Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 4:54 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Good idea to have a skin created from scratch with video in mind.

Mensajes Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 1:07 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
My advice is to make it as proffesional as possible, consider the other skins that are very successful, and aim for yours to have the same winning formula.

Mensajes Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 3:09 pm
thanks bagpuss :D

Mensajes Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 3:16 pm
I like how the 3.01 version default skin does the loop setting, it really saves space. A few cue points is nice (if you need to use lots of cues, just use keyboard shortcuts). Since I run on a laptop and don't have the number pad, I like the skip buttons, but it's not too hard to change the keys for that if I really need it. Other than that, standard equalizers, pitch, crossfaders, waveform etc. suit me fine. I don't mix video much, so you'll have to get other opinions as far as that.

Good luck with your skin making. (I've looked into it, but it's a lot of work and very time consuming.) Hope it turns out well.

Actually... you wouldn't be making a new skin if you wanted everything to be pretty much standard... nevermind

Mensajes Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 7:44 am
well you are right there... but I got seriously problems.. I've never done a skin or worked with graphics before.. (just imagine what my skin looks like) I will sooner or later upload a pic of my skin in my blog...

and now I'm thinking of the .xml file... shiiit, I have tried some programming before, but not so much.. maybe I need help there... anyway, I add a super-wide-screen in my skin (it's crap)... and of course I have a normal screen too... but it's alot of work left...

Mensajes Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 11:01 pm
Yeah, I've done some programming in Java and kind of consider myself to be pretty good, but I don't know much about C or xml. If I had time, I'm sure that I could figure it out, but for now I'm content with using skins that other people have made. Anyways, good luck and I'm willing to help you out in any way that I can (though that's probably not much...)

Mensajes Sat 24 Sep 05 @ 1:53 am
thanx steven... I haven't seen you on this forum before I think... are you new here?

Dj Cash

Mensajes Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 5:21 pm
Yeah, I just bought VDJ recently. I am kind of an amature DJ and just help one of my friends who is...not pro but does more than me. Anyways, I stumbled upon VDJ and loved it so much I had to buy it. (Burnt a bit of a hole in my wallet, but it's worth it.) Anyways, I'm pretty good with computers and would like to help out and contribute to the community in any way possible.

Mensajes Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 10:36 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)