Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Mixing Piracy

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

there might be a forum on this already, but i couldn't find it.

i was wondering, mixing or using songs that have been already mixed by other people and using it in your own cd(e.g. i want to use a song from Bexta's Mixology 7 CD) it that illegal? or do you have to use the original source song?

i think that makes sense! :)

DJ Turbo

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 2:51 am
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you do not plan on making money from your mix then you may use the track. Otherwise, you need to contact the DJ and/or his production company (especially if portions of the track are unique to his mix or compilation).

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 3:08 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
chabonk gave you the right information and I'll just add "give the original DJ Credit and don't try and pass it off as your own mix" Suuuupppppperrrrrrr Lame if you don't.

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 7:55 pm

so, if you used their song you would have to write (after you get thier permission):

the song name - artist - and the other thing that i think is what mix it is ("radio edit" or something)

is that ok?

DJ Turbo

Mensajes Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 8:14 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Like Chabonk said, as long as you're not making any money from it, you really don't HAVE to do anything. What I'm saying is, yes you should save it as you described, and that if someone asks you who did the mix, give credit to the original DJ. If it's in a larger mix that you created and someone asks, just tell them that most are my original mixes except for _____ which was done by ______

Mensajes Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 4:26 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)