Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: any word on VDJ jump to mainstream??

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i was just wondering when and where might we start seeing VDJ in stores??? and would that include xp10's and TCV? Saving on that shipping would make me do cartwheels in the VDJ clothing line :) but not like that Techno Parade 2005 guy in the thong.

Mensajes Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 5:43 pm
VDJ has been a revolution for me. And every night several people come up and marvel at how I am using the product to semi-automate my shows--letting me interact with customers more and do a vastly better job. So as time goes on, more and more people will discover the product and it will continue to grow.

I think that most users are downloading the product via the Internet. This cuts costs for the owner since he doesn't have to make a physical product for those customers, cuts out middlemen, and saves on shipping costs. I certainly appreciate that I can get some a useful product at such a great price. But WAL-MART has proven that by cutting your overhead and profit MARGIN, you can end up with MORE profit by increasing volume since you are more competitive.

I wrote a computer game (Towers of Kublai Khan) in 1993 that was released the next year by MVP. I got paid royalties on 110,000 copies. My cut was 40% of what the publisher got paid--which was much less than the retail price. If I had enjoyed the technologies that exist today, I could have self published and probably made ten times the amount per copy sold. But I am happy with what happened at the time.

The business and distribution model that is currently used by VDJ is good in my opinion. Serious DJs will discover it in various forums or by inspecting a DJ using it at a show. But I wouldn't want to see it in Best Buy or Europa, where it would make us look like we were using a consumer product.

I like the fact that I have the best kept secret in DJing and the brilliant inventor is still getting rich in the process.

Mensajes Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 9:23 pm
no of course not, if it was a best buy it would be the mixstation version anyways(and they might already), i was talking about a guitar center or some place you can already final scratch for example.

Mensajes Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 9:34 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Listen2, I think too that's the way to go, no t in Wallmart or Best buy, VDJ Pro must be for sale in an specialize vendor.

Mensajes Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 4:53 am
I'm not clear why you have it shipped. If you have access to this forum then you have Internet. Why not just download it? The downloaded version is the same and MUCH cheaper (since he doesn't have to pay middlemen.)
Almost all software is available for download now. I don't buy any in the box unless a) the price is the same, and b) there is a huge manual and I don't want to have to print it out.
Just curious.....

Mensajes Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 9:30 am
I think one of the reasons they don't want to sell it as a hard copy is this. By selling it on-line they know who they have sold it to. Any cracked versions out there won't work to their full potential, nor allow the downloading of effects.

By the way.....Atomix mp3 was not and is not a toy, yet compared to VDJ thats exactly what it is. There is not another program out there that comes close to either of these(as far as I am concerned)
These programs really are the worlds best kept on-line secret !!

Mensajes Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 6:19 pm
the shipping i was talking about was on hardware items, it kind of sucks paying $30 to ship a $14.95 vinyl, how much is it to ship an xp10????. it would be so nice to drive myself to a store and say "i'll take those VDJ TCV" as the clerk reaches past FS vinyls to grab them. I'm not sure what the "cracked" debate is all about, i mean you can find all the latest xbox games on the net and none of those were instant pay to download are they?

Mensajes Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 8:33 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)