Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: My worst night ever DJing was last night!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Here is a tip to all of you aspiring bedroom DJs. If you are gonna get the big gigs and perform on the big stage. Don't drink and DJ. Seriously. Stay away from the alcohol man. It never helps. It can only hurt. Take it from me, someone who knows. Step away from the whiskey and soda. You've been warned.

Mensajes Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 9:31 pm
I can confirm that too
Change the whiskey for the lemon slice :-)
it's refreshing and when someone buys you a drink it's good to put it away and appear busy to
drink it right now, then there's a room for your friends to have one of your drinks.

Once a guy was very dissapointed when I hardly refused a drink.
So now I just politely say I drink soda with lemon they smile and that's ok.

btw. anewsome, are you still having a headache ?

Mensajes Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 9:36 pm
For some reason I never enjoyed drinking when I would spin. I always got that high from the bass in my chest and the crowd. Even one or two light drinks would numb that effect.

Mensajes Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 9:43 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i actually have a one drink max.when its a performance time. i have never dj'd a gig but i Mc'd(as in rock a mic not host) and one drink is plenty. BUt when i mix at home and drink i try the craziest mixes known to man,woman, or child...so i know what your saying

Mensajes Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 9:45 pm
oh i didn't have so many drinks that i have a headache. i never do that. i usually have 2 or 3 drinks when i dj. thats when im feeling it and the music gets really good. but last night was the first time that i made a mistake. the mistake was that i thought something was wrong with vdj, so i shutdown my laptop with about 2 hours left in my gig. i did the last two hours of my gig with cds only. oh i still rocked the set but i wasnt able to hit any of the requests. i told people, yeah i take requests,... if its one of these 100 songs :-)

i wasnt drunk but that is a mistake i would not have made with zero drinks. i have the same gig tonight, friday and saturday,.. and i'll ignore my own advice and get 2 or 3 drinks each nite :-) ,... mistake free of course.

Mensajes Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 10:13 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's so true, I perform when I'm not intoxicated, maybe one Malibu and coke, but maybe not.

When your at home having fun It's more fun with alcohol I sopose, but the mixes aren't quite their, whether you enjoy that or not.

Mensajes Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 11:24 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I never drink NEVER when I'm going to mix. After I finish I could drink something with alcohol (If I want to) but never in the middle of a gig.

I now is the better way, one friend of mine like to drink... is a mess. He stop that (He don't get drunk at a gig), but if you don't do it the people will stop to hire you. (Or will try to pay you with drinks!)

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 4:35 am
I always drink when Jocking.. I find it gives me a bit more confidence on the Mic ! - but usually have to much and just end up slurring at the punters !! but there all drunk too :) !!!

Anyway.. all in moderation. Its good if your just choppin in party records, but if your doing serious mixing - keep the beers to a minimum !!

PS also don't write messages on these forums while your in the middle of a set in a club that happens to have an internet connection in the booth - I just forgot to get the next track on !! - oh well just warming up at the mo - only 10 people here :) - be about 550 in an hour !!

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 10:46 pm
Hey Nick, what's a punter? I've seen that used a few times but I have no idea where it comes from. They don't use any slang like that around here. The only punter I know has a single bar for a facemask on his helmet.

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 11:00 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
punter. english slang for customers. jo off the street paying his 8 quid on the door an having a good time. dont know where it came from to be honest..........

Mensajes Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 2:07 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
u just cant tell ppl not to drink lol tell us what exactly happened lmao. then we can consider not drinking.
like listen2 says the craziest mixes are done while tipsy.

Mensajes Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 11:00 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)