Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: How do you organise you cue-points?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

li125PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm wondering how do you guys using your cue-points?
-starting point of the beat?
-exit point?
-silent or slow parts in a track?
-loop section?

Any more uses?

Mensajes Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 12:53 am
I pretty much use the same cue point method for every track that I dj with:

#1 - Start of the song, or the best mix point on beat 1 at the earliest part of the song. This is usually where I bring a song in at, either with a scratch or a beat mix in.

#2 - Start of vocals or other interesting part in the mix. If I'm mixing two songs together I usually want to be out of the last song by the time I get here.

#3 - Mix out point. I usually will be mixing out on cue point three on one deck, while mixing in with #1 on the other deck.

#4 - Might be a break beat or something interesting in the song. Not many songs of mine have 4 cue points.

Pretty simple system I know.

Mensajes Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 1:13 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I do something similar:

#1 First beat.
#2 Beginning of any intro, or the spot where I might start mixing in from. I label the cue point something like "32 beat intro", "16 muted beat intro", "1-1/2 beat intro", etc. so I don't have to figure it out each time. Cue 2 is before Cue 1 normally.
#3 vocals or or point where I would want to be sure to be careful if overlaying. I usually label this "vocals", "strings", etc.
#4 break or other point that I might want to skip forward (or backward) to or just know when it's coming up.

Other cue points I might set to unique parts of a song such as the hook, or a phrase and label them accordingly.

I like using the labels so that if I don't stick to this paradigm then I can still see what's what. Also helps when I have others run my setup if I'm doing the mic or just not there.

Mensajes Mon 10 Oct 05 @ 5:12 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)