Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Decks, Mixer, TCV

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

I;m thinking about splashing out for a set of decks and a mixer for use with TCV. Can anyone recomend so good stuff that won't cost an absolute fortune??

Thanks,
Rory

Mensajes Mon 24 Oct 05 @ 10:17 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There are lots to choose from. You can get the entry level Numark Direct Drive Turntables TT-100's I believe and there $99 mixer to start (I started with this the 1002 model I believe). You'll also need the TCV's and a Maya 44 soundcard. You can try djdeals.com or musiciansfriend.com. You do get what you pay for though. This setup would run you about $600.

Mensajes Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 7:40 pm
I'll go with the seemingly obligatory post: "you maybe should consider purchasing a real copy of VDJ first" :-)

Mensajes Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 8:51 pm
Techs and good mixer- somethin at LEAST 300 (Denon DNX300, Vestax scratch mixers, rane) Also- if your lookin to spin pretty much anything EXCEPT hiphop (requiring scratching and turntable tricks) VDJ is a good bet...but if your gonna be scratching and whatnot- Go with Serato Scratch Live.

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 1:24 am
Thanks guys. Can you do any kind of scratching with VDJ a

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 2:05 am
Thanks guys. Can you do any kind of scratching with VDJ and the TCV?
Thanks - Rory

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 2:05 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
.....waits for someone to comment on that one.

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 2:45 am
ummm.... right.... Thats a good question... technically your capable of scratching...but i definitely can't say it sounds good.

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 4:19 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have no problems with scratching but its not the mainstay of my sets and i cant F**KING stand RnB (prety much anything in the top 40 these days) so im not like mix master mic, a-what u got to say. but yer im happy with how it tracks etc and with a good wav file it sounds as good as the same vinyl i ripped it off playing streight into my mixer

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 4:23 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 6:22 am
If I had more energy I'd ask technical dj why he thinks Serato is better. I'd also post some videos or something,.. but I'll let the other forum posters pick me up here ...

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 6:53 am
anewsome... i think what he means is when you scratch very slowly you can hear a very slight extra "digital" sound. This is really only heard when scratching slow as scratching at faster tempos sound fine. I personally would not get hung up on it.

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 2:51 pm
yep, that's true, & when I scratch to fast, I get clicks at the end of it, especially on a fast babyscratch
Somebody has a cure?

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 8:43 am
A better sound card (with low latency; say 2ms) and a fast computer.

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 4:57 pm
ACW_dj that should fix anything...;)
Try inverting the signal options, it happens to me sometimes if i do very very fast stabs, it's funny because my even cheaper on-board card works flawless.

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 5:15 pm
Ok, maybe is a config issue too... but I cannot tell the difference with the use of TCVs or real Vinyls in my setup... That's why I recommend a better specs.

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 5:34 pm
keep it commin people! This is actually very helpfull!

Thanks,
Rory

Mensajes Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 2:13 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)