Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: How Do I Insert Track splits into long mp3?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SkiHogPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am making one long continuous mix, and then burning it to CD. However it sux to not be able to easily skip to a particular song in the mix I might want to hear. I know that I can make VDJ make new mp3s for each track change, but then when I listen to it I get a pause on my CD player while it switches tracks.

So how can I take that one long mp3 and insert track breaks so that my CD player will play through them, but I don't hear breaks when the track changes?

Thanks,
Andrew

Mensajes Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 10:07 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
burn the long mp3 file in nero, i know other programs do this as well but that is what i use. There is an option in NERO that will allow you to add splits anywhere you like and you will not hear any break in the the tracks http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/en/Nero_6_Reloaded_Audio.html

Mensajes Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 10:24 pm
Use the ""split into multiple files" option in the record config panel and then just click on the scissor icon anytime you want to create a new track or select the fader option to do that also.

Mensajes Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 4:30 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
from my experience "split into tracks" options leaves very small splits you can hear.

Mensajes Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 4:43 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
The noise, gaps or "small splits" are from the record software, VirtualDJ don't put any noise in between splits, I use always this way to record my mixes, but after that I edit some songs to get the right begining I want and the right end... I never get any noise or "small splits" in any of these songs...

I use Roxio 7 and I'm happy with the transitions options with no gaps... :-)

Mensajes Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 5:40 am
I burn my mixes with cdrdao under Linux. It uses the standard .bin/.cue format. However, there are many software programs available under Windows that also use the bin-cue format. The bin-cue format allows you to do a whole lot more than create gapless track marks in a continuous mix. It also allows you to do things like set CD-Text for tracks (which will show text on CD players that support it, most new ones do), set track pre-gap and lead in and also create those "hidden" tracks that you see on CDs sometimes - the ones you can't get to with track next and prev (you need to listen to the silence in order to hear the hidden track)

Mensajes Sun 30 Oct 05 @ 2:58 am
i agree with Listen2, you can burn it into Nero ( i use Nero Soundtrax) and you can see the wave and create chapters in the music that way. another good thing you can do in Nero is when you burn your mix to CD, not only can you select parts in the mix, but you can edit it to have no gaps in it.
..that doesn't seem to flow..
im sure you get what im trying to say lol.
check out the Nero website, maybe they have some free downloads if you don't already have it.
www.nero.com

By the way,
BIG THANKS TO ALL THE DJ'S DOING THE DISCO MIXES!! KEEP IT UP

Mensajes Sun 30 Oct 05 @ 3:06 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)