Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: help! my machine hates me!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Last sat at a halloween party I set my new insanely fast machine up, got everything working. left, came back 2 hours later(ya, I know what your all thinking, 1st mistake), found that some one had turned it OFF during the djs other sets. So I turn it back on, Had to recalibrate my timecode, It took longer than normal. So my time to play came up, I started to play, it was all good until I went to load the next track, It skiped the active track rather bad. So I turn off the timecode same evil skip up the next track load-up. The same thing happend all night long. It only skipped while loading a track, that it not while scratching the shit out of it. I even rebooted my pc, while I played a CD on one of the CD decks. After a reboot, and all of the wiz-bang to get vdj going, it still skiped. I wasn't that bad, its just that 4 year old dell never did that.

here is the insides of my monster.

AMD X2 3800+
1gb Low-as-it-gets latency ram
MSI rs480 matx M board
no vid card just using onboard for now, soon to change
50 or so gb of storage
Maya 44 usb sound hub

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 12:52 am
I don't know how to fix that so this post is mostly useless, but thats a beasty sounding machine. Doesn't sound like a 'factory issue' computer, so how much did it cost you to upgrade all that?

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 1:57 am
sorry If my post lacks sense, this has been a one week long halloween for me. My vdj was skipping for know apparent reason(s), and it is just sad when the Bang'N music stop for a moment, for no user related reason.

I bought it all new
$130 antec aria case
$387 for the amd X2 (WORTH EVERY DOLLAR)
$110 for the board
$150 1gb ram
$100 or so for the drives

bought it all from www.zipzoomfly.com
Note: the X2 is great for over hella multi tasking but not the best choice for video or gaming. If any is going to use vdj for its video properties, go with an AMD FX57, pricy but ungodly fast.

Ya all that jazz and my vdj still skips, not funny at all. I guess my next step is redo windows and try it all over again. long nite ahead of me.

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 3:17 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I don't know... for that price I get Intel with Intel motherboard... but You have something wrong because I know other uses AMD and rocks!

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 3:58 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Try to use some other video card than one on board, it steals ram from the system.
Check your memory.
Check if you hard drive is working in DMA mode, not PIO (in device manager>ide controllers).

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 7:17 am
I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Can only agree with you :)

add: I also have a nVidia 6800GT 256MB + 2048MB RAM.

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 12:41 pm
mines only an AMD Athlon 2600 :( haha, but it serves its prupose i spose

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 12:43 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
well if it is only skipping when loading a new track and plays fine after that then i think its a memory issue, if i turn off max load then it does the same thing. Just a thought.

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 3:28 pm
I have that case, and love it. However, I would like to upgrade my videocard, and am finding that most require a 350 to 400 watt power supply. As you know, this case only has 300w. Just remember that when looking for a video card.

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 10:53 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)