Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: Compiling the DAC-3 mapper SDK - Page: 3

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Just begun testing. great work JPBoggis. Looking forward to the next customizable release next year.

Thank you

Mensajes Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 5:06 am
just tested also - great work - very impressed, especially with the jog wheel behaviour and the video buttons behaviour. Could not get it to crash or mis-behave. works fine with other midi-controllers also.

Thanks for the detailed instructions too !

Many Thanks

Mensajes Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 11:18 am
Thanks for the comments. I released the mapper after successfully using v0.9 on Friday with no problems.

Now to start work on v2.0 with custom button mapping support...

Mensajes Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 7:10 pm
thanx jpboggis for doing such great work ! :)

I have raised your level to "experienced user" for using time to make such a nice plugin for our users..

thanx

Mensajes Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 8:38 pm

Mensajes Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 9:15 pm
First post here...

This plug in rocks! I only came across virtual dj a few days ago and found it to be the best dj software solution on the market bar none! This plug is SO much better than the original 3.2 settings and makes the DAC 3 respond pretty much how i want it to. Pitch bend sensitivity is spot on and being able to use the jog wheel to alter effect settings is just a joy! I'm just back from doing a 6 hour set playing cheese and I didn't have a single glitch or bit of bother. Thank you SO much for putting in the work on this plug in, it really has made the DAC 3 a worthwhile investment. The instructions you wrote were easy to follow and I have just about mastered all your hot keys.

Just a few of suggestions for v2.0 of your plug in:
1) Would you be able to make the R button do a reverse play (The one that takes you to the bit of the song you shoud be at after you have used the effect). I can't seem to get the reverse on the FX section to do this...
2) Not sure if it's a limitation with the virtual DJ software but are you able to make it so each deck can have it's master tempo selected independently?
3) Some way of being able to change between bpm and pitch setting on the lcd display would be handy.

Cheers!

Mensajes Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 4:59 am
Thanks for your comments and welcome to the VirtualDJ community - It's good to hear the DAC-3 mapper is working well and adding value to your VirtualDJ experience. My aim was to get the DAC-3 to respond and perform similar to decent dual CD players, as well as allowing access to as much VirtualDJ functions as possible.

1) In v2.0, you will be able to remap any of the buttons to suit your preferences. This means that you will be able to remap [R} to trigger an effect (Reverse) instead of slow pitch reset. I don't think the standard reverse effect will do what you want (Continue playing from where it would have been), but an alternative reverse plugin such as Full Reverse v2.01 might (Page 2 of the sound effects plugin downloads.)

2) Master tempo in VirtualDJ cannot currently be turned on/off independantly for each deck. Hopefully this will be changed in a future version. The dev team are currently working on an improved master tempo, so hopefully they will add separate master tempo for each deck.

3) You can toggle between pitch and BPM display by pressing [SHIFT]+[TIME DISPLAY].

Mensajes Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 12:29 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
JPBoggis,

I've been using your DAC-3 plugin for the past 24 hours and all I have to say is WOW!. You delivered more than I expected. I feel you've made the DAC-3 the external controller to get for virtual DJ. Your instructions and your thought process on the logical layout of the mapper are great Thank you for all of your support. Your efforts are truly appreciated.

Looking forward to V 2 but quiet honestly you've covered most things I need in this release.

Mensajes Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 1:28 pm
muzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
JPBoggis,

How did you get aroud the "IntToStr/IntToStrRelative : function does not take 1 arguments" error?

Mensajes Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 1:01 pm
By adding the missing 2nd argument to all the instances where it was missing:

inline char *IntToStr(int val,char *str);
inline char *IntToStrRelative(int val,char *str);

I.e: Functions require both an integer value and a string (str) to use as a buffer.

NOTE: DLL's created with the SDK will only work with the full registered professional version of VirtualDJ v3.2 and above.

Mensajes Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 4:08 pm
I have started the original source with

#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#include < windows.h>
#include "DAC3Mapper.h"

and replaced sprintf with wsprintf

but still have the following compiling errors;

IntToStr(button-DAC3_1+1); \\error1

if(shift[chan]) SendAction("pitch",channel,IntToStrRelative((pitch-pitchvalue[chan])/2),true); \\error2

else SendAction("pitch",channel,IntToStr(pitch),true); \\error3

if(shiftloop[chan]==1) SendAction("loop_in",channel,IntToStrRelative(jog*4),true); \\error4

else SendAction("scratchwheel",channel,IntToStrRelative(jog),true); \\error5

Mensajes Sat 14 Jan 06 @ 11:41 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
IntToStr() is a function to convert an Integer to a String
You can use wsprintf() from windows.h if you prefer, to do the same thing

Mensajes Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 1:03 am
IntToStr() and IntToStrRelative() will both work fine providing you add in the missing second argument (The string buffer to use), which in most cases in the SDK is 'st', i.e: IntToStr(button-DAC3_1+1) -> IntToStr(button-DAC3_1+1,st)

Mensajes Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 7:49 pm
Jpboggis,

I could not compile because i was using the char *str from your previous post as the 2nd argument without changing the original inline char* st

All sorted.

You are most knowledgable.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 10:11 am
Jpboggis,

Thanks for you help and tips, very much appreciated. All the changes are working out perfect to suit my needs.

ie. a few buttons remapped ;)

NO crashes since changing the constants!

cheers.

Mensajes Thu 26 Jan 06 @ 2:14 am
Hows version 2.0 of the mapper going. Not that I need it, The mappings on version 1 are great. Just curious.... :)

Mensajes Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 6:11 pm
Work is still progressing on v2.0 - So far I'm most of the way through converting all the custom functions used in the v1.0 mapper to actions that can be mapped to any button. I've also done a bit of work on desigining the mapper interface screen (Similar to XP10 mapper.)

Mensajes Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 6:58 pm
Aaaaaaaah! Major bug found whilst playing out earlier. I was scrolling through my tracks in the browser using SHIFT + the down arrow on the DAC 3 and the software just exited to windows! I did the same thing again at the end of the night to check it wasn't a one off or the skin I was using was bugged and sure enough it happened again. It's a really cool feature being able to jump a few tracks when scrolling through my song folders, any chance of this bug being sorted in V2 of your otherwise fantastic plug in? Might this be a software problem with Virtual DJ itself?

Mensajes Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 2:34 am
I've not had any problems with SHIFT+UP/DOWN - Just tried a few tests and no problems (Using VDJ v3.3 and mapper v1.0) I've tried this in several folders with various numbers of files and it's worked fine.

It shouldn't cause a crash because all it's doing is sending 10 browser_updown +1 actions. You can achieve the same effect using keyboard or MIDI shortcuts. It's a shame browser_updown doesn't understand +/- 10 (Or any other number.)

Mensajes Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 2:57 am
I'm using the MOTOR.V3 Pro skin, would that affect it at all? Have you designed this plug in to work with all skins or just the default one?

Mensajes Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 6:22 pm
91%