Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Where To Get PC Ready Video's?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
To Mixmash.com:

"I've recently started Djing with Virtual Dj, it's the only software I have been able to find that will let me play PC video files and mix them aswell. Very impressed with it so far.

The only problem is, It's took me ages to rip them from DVD to AVI files so I can play them back on the laptop.
Just wondered if you have thought about selling "PC ready" DVD's for Vj's who prefer to use computers and software such as Virtual DJ?
I know after the time it's took me to convert these I'd sign up for something like that, and looking at the Virtual Dj forums there's plenty of other people that would too. "

From Mixmash.com:

"Hi Gaz,

At the moment what you're doing is actually illegal in the eyes of the law.

It will be nigh on impossible to get a licence to be able to deliver the videos as AVI files due to the concerns of piracy by the record companies and the licensing organisations. If we do think that this will be relaxed in any way, you can be sure that we will be at the forefront of delivering the content in this way.

There is another way and that is to get a hard disk system from a company to whom we supply content to legally in an encrypted format. If you want, I can send you more details about this?

Best regards,

Mark"

Mensajes Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 2:56 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Actually we can get mpegs from the promo companies right now, just as legal as the disc.
What is great is VDJ supports VOB files which is basically mpeg2 with no further compression than the original DVD itself, so the quality is superb.
The files are naturally larger, but we take only what we want, not the whole disc.
Having the original copy becomes the master copy in the event of loss.

Promos are now offering high quality mpegs that are watermarked to the djs who use them.
They show up somewhere else they shouldn't, you are busted end of story.
No they don't and won't play games with this, it is serious business, but they can't stop technology so they embrace it.

Hope that clears it up for you. By the way, we rip a DVD in 1/2 hour, pretty sweet huh...

Mensajes Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 3:49 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Rick,

Do you have details for getting MPEGs directly from PromoOnly? I looked on their site and couldn't find it. I might be very interested depending on the details.

Thanks,
-Frd

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 4:54 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Promo hasn't started their program yet, I got a sneak peek at the dj summit.
They were handing out sample discs that were in the 45mb size range with uncompromised quality.

Currently Screenplay offers mpegs that are excellent quality that are mpeg 1 running around 80mb each if I remember correctly, I only got a couple of them.
You can contact Doug at 866 988 9866 and he will get you the latest dirt on their program.
Screenplay is also offering high quality compression, not sure when that starts but they had them at the summit also.

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 6:53 pm
Another thought about videos for remixing. I use a piece of software called Muvee that takes in a collection of video clips, images and song(s) and will create a video for you. They have a number of formats for the video style. This makes it easy to create your videos. The videos can be saved as Mpeg, AVi and a host of other formats.

I tried a few tune-videos last night and it worked great. Maybe making your own videos would lend itself to a more interesting evening at the club, playing something no one has seen. The outputs can be very trippy.

For example: I have taken a collection of clips into Windows Movie Maker (free with XP) and saved them with the "Watercolors" and/or "Color Cycle" formats, then take those videos into Muvee and create one new video from that. Muvee does a neat job of psudo-syncing the movement of the video with the tune. (Especially if you use the "Over The Top" format.)

Food for thought.

Peace,
James Rose
New York City

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 8:02 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
JamesWjRose, you need to see some RockAmerica Remix Video's or releases by DJVR and some other tallented video remixers already on the case.

Mensajes Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 2:30 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)