Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: back in the game.couple questions

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm in the process of gettin back into djing and want to go the digital route.this is the set-up im lookin at.2 technic 1200s,vdj pro,timecoded vinyl and probably a beringher mixer for now.what am i missing.i'm going to be spinning hip hop,r&b and reggae.all help appreciated

Mensajes Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 7:40 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That's all you need. Apart from a laptop with at least 512 ram and 1.6 ghz and a decenet sound card preferably one that supports ASIO drivers for faster response (lower latency). And some headphones can sometimes come handy ;)

Mensajes Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 7:50 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You're all set with that setup. I would up the ram to 1 gig and you could use a desktop if it's just going to be for home. You also definitely need a card that supports asio. I use the maya44 usb...you can search the forums for other suggestions. The echo indigo dj card is held in high regard as well. Welcome back, hope to see you as full user.

Mensajes Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 7:58 pm
this is what ive decided on.
vdj
technics 1200s
numark cdmix station(mixer and back-up decks in one.)
maya 44 soundcard
tcv
and another question.will tcv skip like a regular record if scratched?

Mensajes Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 9:15 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes it reacts almost exactly like vinyl so you're going to want some good cartridges from a tracking standpoint.

Mensajes Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 9:53 pm
TCV has a skip protection option. If the needle jumps over a few tracks, the music would stay playing normally. Well I presume that's how it works. I usually don't have it enabled.

Mensajes Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 10:32 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

In fact, tracking is the must important thing in TCVs, while the sound quality is not been use. Some member recommend Shure M44-7, cheap and good for the work.

Hope you see you soon as a Full Member of VirtualDJ.

Good Luck!

Mensajes Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 11:22 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)