Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Creating MP3 Turntables

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, I am doing a degree in electronic engineering and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
The aim of my project is to make a set of turntables and a mixer control the playback of MP3s on my PC, so I will be using a record with a timecode to send information about the position in the track and the direction of movement etc to the computer, where a program will decipher the information and play the mp3 accordingly.
The thing is, I am not really sure what I need to do this, I will end up using existing equipment for a a lot of it and I'm not sure whether theres enough that i can do on my own to make it worth doing the project... What happens to the signal taken from the time-coded record?
Any help on this subject much appreciated, as i am a bit behind on my project and really need some help!!!
Cheers guys!
Ol

Mensajes Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 6:09 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Not really sure what your talking about making but your job is easierif you just buy Virtual dj and some timecoded records, i'm guessing you already have some gear.

Mensajes Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 8:51 pm
There are least 5 companies who make software and timecoded vinyl to go along with the software that do exactly this. I'd say only 1 or 2 have really got it right or close to right. So obviously, the engineering and implementation of timecoded vinyl is not something that's a piece of cake. Unless you're aiming to implement timecoded vinyl better than everyone else, I would say that this project is a waste of time,.. unless of course it's just a learning exercise. Nothing wrong with learning, but if your aim is to have a usable product when done,.. I suggest you just buy it and be done with it.

Mensajes Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 4:47 am
mfdoomHome userMember since 2005
What are the two companies that have got it right?
I am thinking the same, but I am sort of stuck with this project now, as I can't think of anything similar that would make a decent project and I need to have a project related to DJing.
It will be good experience anyway, but I am not going to create the timecoded vinyl, I am going to use an existing one and do the rest myself hopefully.

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 1:07 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)