Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Why should I duy this one

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

bigkHome userMember since 2005
Seriously people I'm thinking of buying VDJ But I have a Few questions Could you help answer.
How does this software compare toh Serato and FS.
How stable is it I mean If I have the right PC Will It run 8 hours straight night after night with no problem
I also want to use the Time Coded Vynil and CD
With them can You brake and spin back like on regular turntables
Can I use the software with the Mixer I already have
Does it have some kind of feature that allows you to lock the pitch but still change the tempo
I looked around the website and it seems most of you use it without a outboard mixer am I correct
Thanks People Ive been looking around the Website But I cant find the answer to all my questions or a number to call so I can talk to a Rep. Thanks

Mensajes Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 3:30 am
Also what version do you use and can you use the time coded cd with the pro version

Mensajes Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 3:32 am
TheTurkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
dude yes you can use timecoded vinyl and yes you can do all the tricks and yes you can do all the rest of the things you asked this program is the easiest and most powerfull djing program out there...
you can play it night after night as long as you want just have a decent computer..

Mensajes Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 4:25 am
because it is the most exhillarating experience on the planet...the things you can do... :))

and the best part is that you can do everything that you cna with a conventional setup, and then some...

but he makes an intersting point about the sales rep..

Cheers

DJ Rudra

Mensajes Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 6:30 am
If you want to see TCVs in action, check out Dj Getdowns video.. Its at the VDJ home page under 'Turntabilist'.
Sean
VDJ's a great program by the way ;)

Mensajes Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 10:01 am
Thats cool but can some one answer these questions for me. Thanks
Can I use the software with the Mixer I already have
Does it have some kind of feature that allows you to lock the pitch but still change the tempo
who uses the timecoded cds how good is it
If I can do this easily I'm going to buy it

Mensajes Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 10:24 pm
TheTurkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes you can use the mixer you already have you have to hook it up
yes you can lock the pitch (BeatLock) and change tempo
timecoded vinyls are really good (DJS USE THEM)
yes you can do it easily

Mensajes Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 10:43 pm
Ok I'm going to try it I'll let you guys know what I think. Give me a few weeks. I spin a lot of Chicago Classic House. Set up should be perfect for me. Its funny I went from records to cds now I have to many of them, would love to consolidate even more. peace

Mensajes Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 3:34 am
Just so I understand this right I have to order the software and the vinyl plus a sound card and I'm good to go

Mensajes Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 3:35 am
@ big yes u got it down right ! get a licienced version that way u can get all the tech support u need ! then order the TCV which take about 2 weeks ! if u scratch a lot look at getting 4 vinyl's they relatively cost effective but the saving comes viashipping cause its the same cost for 2 or 10 vinyl's ! and lastly an ASIO sound card ! if u using a lappie recommendations are with the maya44 usb s/c desktop go for the maya44 pci card ..... lastly you hook it all up and ultimately u now have say u got 5000 mp3 on ur pc you now have 5000 vinyl's ! plus the funky little rip vinyl plug in that will let to rip all ur fav. vinyl's into mp3 ! making it possible to walk into the club lappie one hand 4 VDJ - TCV (2 spare) and 4 TCCD (time coded cd's)(again 2 spare) which u can down load off the site ) and u ready to rock the club ! (oh and all the TCCD & TCV fit quite comffy in a large notebook bag so its just ur one bag u carry ! no more vinyl's getting broken lost stolen or even stepped on and 22 out of the 40 get crushed beyond use ! yes that would be from personal experience ! lucky set was done and I was still buzzed from the addrenalin !ha ha plus he was 2 times my size and weight

Mensajes Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 3:50 am
So they dont make the MAYA anymore other than the MK2 what are my other choices for sound cards trying to get my ducks in a row

Mensajes Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 5:04 pm
If I buy that mk2 thing can I use the software it comes with to do the things i want to do or will I have to upgrade and or buy new software

Mensajes Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 8:04 pm
guess I ask stupid questions Peace out

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 6:43 pm
not a stupid question at all :)

yes you can use the software that comes with the console..

Its a free dedicated console version that is fully working, but have some limitations compared to the full pro version.

For a comparison, look here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

(the console version have same features as the Home Edition)

hope that helps :)

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 7:27 pm
one more tiny question will VDJ work with the scratch live interface box for the time coded hardware I mean

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 5:44 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)