Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: It's now time to learn aboiut VJing....questions

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJ ED EPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have been using pcdj with a contoller and a laptop for a while and I have been trying to get one of my friends into mp3 djing. Well I told him all about djing with mp3s. He then went and did some researc to find out what was the best product ....the search landed him here ...he said he was think of buiying this product so he could maybe start doing videos ....I told him that I had used virtuaLDj (trial) before and that it didn't do video ...he told me I was wrong . and what do you now I was ...I guess it's been a long time since I tried the virtual Dj

So here we are and now I am thinking just like him ..I wouldn't mind getting into VJing ...I mean with the price of projectors relaively low..and already having the laptop and now a tool to use with the laptop ...it would be a good investment

Now having said all that I have a bunch of questions I am hoping some people can answer

1. Where are some places to get videos ..I know promo only and rpm top hits ...any others?
2. Best format to rip these to your hard drive
3. How hard is it to rip ?
4. How long would it take to rip a disc with 25 videos ..I got a free disc from top hits VH-34
5. If I build a rack mount DJ computer and put 2 dvd drives in it would I be able to use these drives instead of ripping the videos to my hard drive ?

Thanks in advance
Ed O'Neill

Mensajes Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 7:20 pm
@ ed welcome and we hope to see u become a licienced vj soon !
your mate was right JDJ does have video mixing but this is only available with the full vesion which can be bought via www.virtualdj.com/purchase once u got that u sorted with downloadable video's via licienced member on this sight !
about the 2 dvd players u can still mix via Vdj but the more stuff to haul around the higher the chance of damages ! less is more for mobility but u will need a good lappie to run video properly ! get the full version and play around ! there is so much that we can offer that cracked versions can't get !
eg perfect config on TCV TCCD VIDEO SKINS ETC ETC ETC
hope this helps u decied on the right option ?! that of course being virtual dj !

Mensajes Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 2:53 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
1. Where are some places to get videos ..I know promo only and rpm top hits ...any others?
screenplay, VMS, are others, but I suggest PromoOnly

2. Best format to rip these to your hard drive
for quality and fast ripping: VOB (aka MPEG2)
to save space: Divx

3. How hard is it to rip ?
Not hard at all as long as you have a DVD-ROM drive, a decent computer, and enough hard drive space.

4. How long would it take to rip a disc with 25 videos ..I got a free disc from top hits VH-34
Smartripper can rip a full 2:30 hour DVD to VOB format in less than 10 minutes depending on various limitations of your DVD drive.

5. If I build a rack mount DJ computer and put 2 dvd drives in it would I be able to use these drives instead of ripping the videos to my hard drive ?
Absolutely.

Hope I've answered your questions,
-Frd

Mensajes Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 3:38 pm
Thanks guys

Spider 911...I tried out the trial and I can't figure out how to get the video part to work and I do plan on buying the version once I figure out the trail version to see what this program can do .

Ido have an ati video card on my laptop so I hope that should be sufficient. Now as for carrying the DVDs with me..... I do agree carrying less is more but right now I already carry my music library via a 250 GB external HD so carrying around a few dvds would be too babd to start

frd1963...thanks for all the responses I love when people help newbies out and answer each and evrey question the way you did .

Now are you ready for a couple more

6.Now you said for quality and fast ripping: VOB (aka MPEG2) to save space: Divx...Could you give me an example of how much space an average song would take up in both versions

I am thinking of using this for Prom season so, I was thinking of buying the last full year of music videos I was also thinking of buying a 300 GB HD

7. Would this be a good starting point be a good starting point for prom season

Now I really want to try this out using the trial version

8. can someone tell me does the trial version support video I can't seem to get it to work?

9. Can anyone name a good ripper and is there any guides to doing this ?

Thanks in advance
Ed

Mensajes Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 4:44 pm
Please can anyone help the days are ticking buy on my trial

Thanks
Ed

Mensajes Thu 29 Dec 05 @ 2:23 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
6.Now you said for quality and fast ripping: VOB (aka MPEG2) to save space: Divx...Could you give me an example of how much space an average song would take up in both versions

Average VOB file =~ 200MB
Average MPEG1 =~ 50MB
Average Divx =~ 25MB

7. I am thinking of using this for Prom season so, I was thinking of buying the last full year of music videos I was also thinking of buying a 300 GB HD. Would this be a good starting point be a good starting point for prom season

For a prom, you will definitely want to have all of the past year's hits, but you should also make sure you have the classics, and a good number from the previous 4 years or so (i.e. the soundtrack from the crowd's entire High School carrer.) But as long as you at least have them all on audio, then you should be OK, assuming you have something else to display on the screen during that time (slideshow, visual effects, live camera, etc.)

8. Now I really want to try this out using the trial version . Can someone tell me does the trial version support video I can't seem to get it to work?

Yes, the trial version does do videos. Check the FAQ's for reasons you might not be gettng it to work.

9. Can anyone name a good ripper and is there any guides to doing this ?

For VOB, you just need Smartripper.
For MPEG1 there are several choices. The one I have used is 'Xilisoft DVD Ripper' which costs $20.
For Divx, it's a little more involved. See http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=223342 for a tutorial.
The full version of VDJ has a DVD Ripper built-in too! I just stick with Smartripper since I am doing VOBs, but VDJ's is fairly easy to use and appears to have the ability to name the files for you from an online database.

Mensajes Thu 29 Dec 05 @ 3:14 pm
frd1963 ...thanks again !

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 1:07 am
We really need a new "Video" forum...there are a lot of questions being asked in different places because no one knows where to find them. I have been trying to rip DVDs (mostly just parts of Disney movies with songs) and I have been having a hard time with it.

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 5:14 am
@Steven

Disney movies (using Smartripper) will yield you all the audio tracks... I have found that the languages of these audio tracks tend to bounce around from channel to channel in vobs...

For example, I have taken "Poor Unfortunate Souls" and "Kiss the Girl" from A Little Mermaid (Keep in mind that his isn't exactly LEGAL for public performance, but I'm not an attorney and I doubt that shy of Walt being defrosted and going on a mad hunting spree, nobody's going to bother your)

The vobs that I rendered I would open in Nero Vision Express. From there you can pick the audio source and then export it with PCM to your MPG format.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I'm experimenting with a lot of this right now as well, and I agree there should be a dedicated forum to VIDEO.

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 2:56 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)