Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: What Song Are You Playing At Midnight This Year

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

This topic was to good not to steal from "that other" forum,... so here it is. What song are you playing at midnight tomorrow night (New Years Eve). I am leaning towards "Kanye West - Heard 'Em Say" to kick off a hip-hop set around 100BPM.

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 10:39 pm
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Auld Lang Syne, as requested by the client.

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 11:28 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The VDJ Sample "Siren" solo for about 10 seconds then drop in: DJ Sammy - Heavon

In other words it's gonna be up tempo party music.

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 1:38 am
The Chicago Bulls entrance theme with acapella of Lose Control with Missy Elliot.

It's going to be the shit!!!

MS

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 4:36 am
abba - happy new year...exactly when the time is 00:00

I know its a bit cheesy, but the crowd loves it :)

(and there are remixes for those who want a more club-ish beat...hehe)

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 6:37 am
i'll play "after midnight" by eric clapton and then hit the brake effect and go into yeah by usher
i have that kinda crowd

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 8:42 am
i will b playin we b burning by sean paul.and gun session by vybz kartel,shabba ranks,akon and sizzla kalonji.willy bounce by elephant man

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 2:12 pm
and then i'll hit my sound wav lightnin'.
dats my jamaican crowd.

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 2:16 pm
madsound - bulls entrance theme? U think you mean "Alan Parson Project - Eye In The Sky (12" long version)".

kramer - I like the eric clapton. Matter of fact I like it a lot. Might after to steal that one. I'm not gonna pack the floor with burners immediately though. Gonna give people time to down that champagne and get their kisses in first. I'll start around 100BPM and then work my way up to 1,2 Step, We Be Burnin, etc. I'll probably peak my Hip-Hop set with Brooke Valentine - Boogie Oogie Oogie (125bpm) and then drop it down to 98bpm with 50 Cent - Outta Control.

But that's just a loose plan. Who the hell knows what will be working or not.

Also, I realized that I don't have a good copy of Auld Lange Syne earlier this week. All I have is some lame ass Kenny G Millenium version and honestly. I'd rather sing it acappella rather than play that crap.

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 4:06 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think it would be a good idea to get people involved.., I know most DJ's hate doing this, when you said about singing accapella, that's exactly what would work!, well not exactly, but how about inviting a friendly little crowd up on stage about 10 minutes before the big hour strikes and hand them with mics and get them to sing over some new year cheese?, I think that would be really fun.

here in England (and I imgine everywhere else for that matter) pubs and clubs will be full of proffesional vocalists tonight, at the pub they'll basically be singing to more classical/traditional music and in clubs they'll be giving it there all next to the DJ, i've seen this before (only on TV) and it's amazing, even more amazing when you have a sax player, female vocalist and skilled DJ all "going at it" together, it's funky as f***, damn I wish I listened in music classes, would love to learn an instrument :).

My point is, I think the key at midnight is originality, fun and mass appeal, getting clubbers involved could be just the ticket for the atmosphere to excel more than expected.

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 4:18 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)