Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Is Virtual DJing Ready to Die ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi

First of all I'm a great fan of VirtualDJ and use it all the time.

BUT!

Numark have just launched their new twin CD and MP3 player with built in hard drive (80Gb) in the UK and it can be bought for around £1250. (Numark HDCD1) It links to your PC for song uploading and has built in Gracenote database. http://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.pl?&item=numhdcd1

Some advantages: -

No tricky computer to carry around and sometimes crash or heat up etc.

No need for external controller etc, just the player and a mixer.

People won't even realise you are using mp3s if you take a few cds with you.

Very compact

Problems

No beatmatch facilities

No waveform to see mix

BUT

probably can get used again to beatmixing using loops

Does this mean that PC djing is dead before it really gets going?

Hope not, but what do you think?

Andy

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 1:36 pm
jowysHome userMember since 2005
hi... i bought the mixing table that included virtual dj.... and whn i registered i entered the serial number of virtual dj..... now it says that for downloading video effects i need more registration that i dont have... but i bought the whole pack!! what can i do???

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 1:43 pm
@asymptote

there are several other hardware dj equipment with both harddrive and mp3 play...

that does not say that dj software is dead, not at all :) its just trying to come closer to the new trend of mp3, with its cd-players .. thats all

hey, even Pioneer launched a dj software last month :) when the industry leader makes a software, that says it all :)

@jowys

Since there is a new console out, and it seems a lot have the Home Edition, I will talk to Corporate Team, and maybe we can make more effects etc available for your level...

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 2:42 pm
video is only in a window for home edition.. it's of little use in 'real life' IMO.. He'd better get the pro update If you ask me..

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 3:52 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)