Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Wow Just Wow

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Have i just woken up from a dream ?
No way this is real you guys edited the videos and made it seem real :)

Im a split second away from clicking purchase via paypal for virtual dj pro if it wasnt for the fact that it aint clear whats on sale pro for the online price or some inbetween i probly would have allready.

Then i came across the forums thought id see what other users have to say,
again not as active as i felt it would be. (perhaps all who purchased the software and hardware are out bizzy spinning tracks like they should be.) (rembers back in his younger days of been a dj on the greek isles) :(

Down to the needy greedy some one of you must be able to answer a few questions for me
Before i go into another hobby frenzie and beging to spend up to $2000 to equire all the things i would like to do.

First off i understand the software works 100% out of the box to play any mp3 file you have. Even the trial has given me a good idea of how powerfull this tool is.
Definatly worth the 124 euro which is around $ 200 aud

But which software is for sale ?
is it just virtual and then ill need an upgrade lisence ?

Now theres plenty of documentation on this site just requires a lot of fishing to get the right answers.

I Watched the whole video and noticed the dj set up of to turntables and your time coded vinyl to my understanding is a way of scrathing and partialy controling the track ?

The xp10 controler seems to me like a game pad to stop you from using mouse as much and looks like a great idea, but would i require two of them to gvet the most out of it ?

In the video i noticed the dj leaving the virtual dj softaware in open sound postions letting me to assume that the external mixer was controling what we here ? correct ?

Thanks

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 6:51 am
Hello,
no upgrade licence is necessary. The professional version on the website is the same in 2 versions, one is download only the other comes with the box and CD to your doors. Upgrades to newer versions were always free. (even from 2.xx pro to 3.xx pro)

If you will have soundcard that supports ASIO you can use Timecoded vinyl to control the track.
Also you can control the track with XP10.

IF you have only one XP10/Timecode vinyl you can set a shortcut that will switch which deck you want to control. But many users prefer having a pair of controller/vinyls.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 10:26 am
Well thank you for the promt reply as you can see i was way to tempted to resist purchasing :)

You mention an asio supported soundcard is there a particuler brand you recomend ?

thanks once again

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 11:28 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi X-static, see you've made the right decision, welcome to the community ;).

Most commonly used for VDJ w/timecode would be the Maya44 (popular but discontinued) and then replaced with the USB U46DJ.

Best regards, Bagpuss.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 1:14 pm
You may want to do a little more research on controllers, before you decide. There are other controllers on the market, that will control this software. Check out the hardware section of this forum. I just think it is better to look at all the options, before you pluck down your hard earned money. Did you know that you can also control with cd players, using time-coded CD's?

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 7:39 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
welcome to the vdj community x-static.

thats some good advice from 'a man and his music'. definitely do your research before committing to buying controllers and sound cards. the options you have is either using a midi controlled device or time coded controller, hopefully soon they will be combined. look under the products section on the website for more info other feel free to ask questions or search topics in the forum :)

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 9:16 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
WELCOME...

The maya44 is still around.

I don't know where you are but you can find one at Musicians friend. I did not notice if you need internal soundcard or external soundcard.

If you need External, try musicians Friend for sure. $119 and FREE SHIPPING.

If it's internal that you need... There are ALOT of soundcards out there.

I can tell you from my own use... The program ROCKS and the Maya44 USB works GREAT.

Hope this helps

DJ CITY

Mensajes Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 1:11 am
Thank you all for a warm welcome.
Im definatly gonna take a step back and do some research.
So far in the last 24 hours ive enjoyd liistening to some of the resident djs on the radio.
Its amazing some of the things they do on the fly.

Im more enclined to go towards the usb option that way i can carry the laptop to parties and such and still use it on the 3.2 beast at home :)
Just not sure which of the 2 options to go for i like the look of U46DJ as opposed to the Maya44 USB
more research needed there.

The standard onboard soundcard was able to use itself in 4.1 configuration its a realtek on an asus p4p800-e
so now i have headphone sound sorta sorted even tho the sound is a little low on them.
Perhaps passing them through a mixer id be a lot better of.

as for using the cds to control the tracks im alll lost in that department will take quite a bit more research on my behalf.

on another not im using a nostromo n52 gamepad setup to manipulate keyboard functions a bit tricky to rember it all at once but its fun

well thats its from me for now

thx again for the warm welcome

Mensajes Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 12:47 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)