Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Corrupt Database

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, at last, it has happened to me.

I was mucking about with the webcam scratch thingymajig (pretty cool...but why?!?!?! lol) and it seems my driver might have been a bit out of date. Went to make some coffee and came back, and alas, my system was at the login screen!

'Oh no!', says I. It must have reset itself for some reason. I rebooted and got a 'Windows has recovered from a serious error' message - send error report. So that was that sorted. Then I opened up my VDJ to make sure it was ok, and got the Database Corrupted message. 'Oh shit!', says I.

I'm always babbling on about how you should backup your Database.xml file, and there's the reason why. You never know when it's gonna go! So, I simply copied and pasted my backup copy into my VDJ folder and hey presto! my 20 gig music collection was ok. Well, most of it anyway. Means I only have to re-analyse the tracks I have added in the last couple of weeks instead of spending countless hours doing it all over again.

My suggestion? Back up your .xml at least once a week. Or, if you're adding tracks to your library like crazy, then do it after every analyse you do. This will save you a real pain in the ass when it comes to fixing the problem.

Just thought I'd share that with you.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Mensajes Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 3:19 pm
You can attempt a repair using Microsoft Access and then if you're proficient with Excel you could recreate the the xml form. If you want I can have a look at your corrupt xml database if you upload it to a site like www.yousendit.org or similar. That's good advice though, I'm sure it'll come in handy for me when my HDJC2 arrives and I upgrade to the Professional version.

Mensajes Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 5:57 pm
Good idea...I never thought of that. I'm good with excel, but in all honesty don't need to do it anyway - thank goodness for backups!!!

Cheers

P

Mensajes Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 6:11 pm
For those that are not to savvy, like me, where is this file and how do I back it up? Can I just copy it sommewhere?

Mensajes Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 7:38 pm
just copy VirtualDJDatabase.XML somewhere. It's located in your VDJ directory, usually

c:\\program files\\VirtualDJ\\

Mensajes Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 8:18 pm
Exactly. Just copy it from your main VDJ folder into another folder/disc/drive - just wherever really. Then when you need it, you can just take it from the other location and paste it back into your main folder. Try and back it up as much as possible though, especially if you have a massive track library.

If you're going to format your pc or reinstall vdj or anything like that it's probably a good idea to have it on a disc somewhere...along with your serial number and other updates, etc.

:o)

P

Mensajes Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 8:32 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)