Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Help in mixing.(Double Post)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I recently bacame a resident at a local club where i've been a member for a while. I used to play all night, now I usually get to the club n start playing around 1:30 a.m. Now there's a dj who opens up for me n when i get there, it's kind of heard to get the people up after they already get bored. In other words it makes my work a bit harder. I have no problem with the guy training cause i understand, I was there before. Any tips on how to re-liven or lift up peoples spirits, get the club jumping.

Mensajes Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 5:15 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
A good way to re-establish the show is to seperate your show from the person opening up for you.

Make it an atmosphere where the crowd is antisipating your arrival.

Use Your Mic !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hype up the crowd!!!!!!!!!!!

Announce that DJ Mantahoe is in the house and the Mantahoe Show is about to start. Then Hit the crowd in the head HARD with a GREAT party song. From there... Keep it moving.

One good thing about having a dj open up for you is that YOU don't have to bother with playing all that warmup music..... You get to PLAY THE HOT HITS ! ! !

This will give you an oppertunity to define yourself and to excell.

Look at it this way, The other dj will play the music that needs to be played while you only need to play the hottest hits and kick the party into overdrive. You don't have to worry about playing the bull$h1t music.

Just Crank out the BEST hits, the BEST dance music, and for the love of partying... USE YOUR MIC. Use your vocal skills and talk to your crowd. Single out the ladies that party the hardest (Females LOVE the attention).

You make YOUR show the part that everybody has been waiting for. Believe me, there is no feeling in the world that compares to when you FEEL the love from the crowd as you walk in the door and the feeling you get when the people respond and react to what YOU do and what YOU bring.

Hope this helps

DJ CITY
P.S.

Sorry this was such a long post.
Just did not know how else to say what I said

Good luck

Mensajes Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 6:47 am
Thanks man. If you put it that way, it sounds easy but it seems I have to establish myself first. I can't use the mic though, I have to get used to it. That shit is hard.

Mensajes Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 5:54 am
The first time I used a mic was at a gig in a service air base bar. That was so nerve racking but you just get on and do it. The difference it makes by inciting the crowd is great. A jingle announcing you at the start of the set helps as well.

Nikki

Mensajes Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 11:59 am
NikkiN16
do you know how to make a good jingle?

Mensajes Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 1:40 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
yeah i was going to say the same thing as CITY, treat the other guys as your warm up so no need for you to wait just drop those bombs ASAP. If you can use a sample and maybe alter it to fit you it would be great, something like maybe a boxing announcer or someone say "and now ladies and gentleman" or that one "this is a journey into sound" sample. that way you create total separation from their music and yours, or just grab that mic and say "how yall feel out there??" YEah!!!!!

Mensajes Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 2:26 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Get Uesd To The Mic.

For a good dj, the mic is one of your best friends. Your mic will help you establish yourself and your show. It also gives the crowd a feeling of YOU.

Some examples of using your mic...

"I see you there Tanya,.....Work it out now."
"Ladies to the front"
"Don't Stop....Get it, Get it" This is one that you want the crowd be with you on.

When you reach a part in a song that EVERYBODY knows and loves to sing out loud... Drop the music out and let the crowd sing that part while you sing that part with them ON YOUR MIC.

If you want a feeling of some things to say to a crowd...listen to Doug E Fresh songs and Fatman Scoop Crooklyn Clan stuff. These can give you an idea of the hype party atmosphere you want to create.

Any questions...Just ask and if I can help, I will.

DJ CITY

Mensajes Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 3:04 pm
@gregory1

I haven't done it for a while but once I get the right software tonight then
I should be back in business lol. I want to create my own for if /when I get on the radio :-)

Nikki

Mensajes Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 2:57 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)