Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Cue points: Protection et visibility

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry for the faults but it's a computer translation from french.

Suggestion about cue points:
----------------------------

He could be interesting to protect buttons " set_cue " so as to avoid modifying by mistake points cue registered(recorded). Buttons " set_cue " and " goto_cue " are often close the unde the other one and it is not rare to make a mistake by clicking on " set_cue " instead of " goto_cue ". A demand of confirmation of recording would be an effective way of avoiding this problem. Also he could be interesting that buttons " goto_cue " are illuminated when points cue are recorded.

Clax

Mensajes Tue 11 May 04 @ 6:03 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Wait a bit Clax! Cue protection can be allowed by skin, as the new 'pannel' feature has come. In the next version of the TASCAM skin, you will see that there's a trick to hide the set buttons of the cues, so you can't press them....

Mensajes Tue 11 May 04 @ 6:32 pm
Thank you FRUIT of this answer so fast; it is simply a suggestion for the future versions. It is not bad this option to hide coutons " set_cue " but personally I prefer that they are present but protected because it is better that everything is available on the same skin.

Mensajes Tue 11 May 04 @ 6:47 pm
I believe I would have a problem with this suggestion. For various reasons, I find it necessary to sometimes change the CuePoint on the fly. It would be disrruptive to have to confirm the Set-Cue, everytime I need to use it.... if I understand the suggestion correctly.

It only takes a moment to reset a cue if it is altered by mistake. Furthermore, with Keyboard mapping, you can put the Set-Cue and Goto-Cue further apart. For instance, my Set-Cue key is "Q" and my Goto-Cue(1) is "X". Very functional for me and I don't ever remember altering the Cue Point in error. Hopefully I understand the point correctly.

Mensajes Tue 11 May 04 @ 8:33 pm
On the fly

Yeah with the pannels you press a little button near the cues... and the set buttons disappear. Re-press the button, they appear. So easy so fast so safe. (when the buttons are hidden, there's no way to set a cue, except with teh keyboard) It results on a very simple safety mode, that you're not obliged to use.

I will post the skin's update soon.

FRUiT94

Mensajes Tue 11 May 04 @ 10:46 pm
Hello Clax.

The skin's update has been released : you can download it on the skin page. Look at the cue area there's a texzone named "safe". Click on it and your cues will be protected. I will now add a similar protection to all my skins.

FRUiT94

Mensajes Wed 12 May 04 @ 9:09 pm
Fruit;
thank you for this adaptation.
I think of having been very well understood and it is extremely pleasant to see that you are not only very attentive to the complaints of the users but that in more you find solutions so quickly.
It is necessary to admit that you are very strong. This adaptation is one more for VDJ, isn't it ???

I look forward to this adaptation on the other skins. I like the TASCAM but the display since or towards the cues is small and I have difficulty in reading them. I base myself sometimes above to guess the launch of a mix or a loop on the track to come for example.

++

Mensajes Wed 12 May 04 @ 11:13 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)