Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Browser search not finding keywords....

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have added all my music to the search database in vdj 3.3 but when I do a search of the local database, some of the songs that are in the database are not returned in the search. Does anyone else see this behaviour with their copy of vdj?

Also when I open a music folder and try to search for songs that are staring me in the face, search returns nothing.

Any thoughts?

Mensajes Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 2:48 pm
Same thing has happened to me, i know I have the song somewhere in my music folders, and when I go to them type the name and click search nothing comes up, then I go to explorer and the song is there. it is kinda weird.

If someone knows the answer please post it.

cheers !!!

Mensajes Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 7:21 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i know that one dissadvantage of the VDJ database (but makes it faster to search) is that it searches the database for the exact string that you have typed not each keyword that you type in as is the case with search engines and search in windows and OSX. also i think that the only information that is searched is the file name not any tag info etc so maybe that is your problem

Mensajes Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 2:02 am
I have experienced the same issue, I thought it might have been due to switching of the skins. I decided last night to wipe the database and start from scratch. It takes approximately 24 hrs to scan the 1 TB hard drive. I will update when it is completed. I also upgraded to 3.4 before I started rescanning the hard drive.

Mensajes Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 4:09 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Personally i don't use the search functions on VDJ. Not that I don't trust it, but I like to be able to just work with the music. Instead, I open a "Search" panel (Start Menu>Search) and map it to my drive where all my music is held. My drive is set up with artist folder and certain genres (like country, sixties, seventies, now collections, etc) and all i do is flick between vdj when a track is playing if i don't know which folder my next track is saved in.

I just use ALT & TAB to switch between the two apps. Very quick, easy and discreet and doesn't put any more strain on vdj through searching big music databases.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Mensajes Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 6:18 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
1 more tip, if you type more than one word make sure your mp3's are saved with spaces not underlines ( _ )!

Mensajes Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 6:57 pm
Update: rescanning my hard drives resolved the issue.

Mensajes Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 1:07 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)