Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: PCDJFX vs. VDJ - Page: 4

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Dj-in-norway: “good to see you back and active at forum, Double OO;) You where gone a little while ago.. ;)”

Thanks. I’m back in school studying marketing and sells, starting my own clothing business, trying to invest in real estate, etc… I'm sure you get the picture ;) I don’t know how much the average priced home cost where you are, but the average priced home in the Los Angeles area is over half a million $$$,$$$ (unbelievable). I go online almost every day to search for investment property to buy (I recently started doing this). Consequently, I always stop by the VDJ message boards to keep informed.

I’m not DJing like I use to because I don’t have the time. You’ll probably see me less active on the message boards again once I officially release my line of clothing. However, I’m thinking about approaching a club with the ideal of doing an old school night once a week. If I decide to do it, I’ll update the “Club Mixing” thread that I started. I'll reveal how to approach a club, making a mixed cd that will get your foot in the door (it’s all about marketing yourself), etc…

Dj-in-norway: “we will make a good manual before the VDJ 4.0 release, where all is explained well...”

Consider also making a video tutorial like this one:

http://www.virtualdj.com/virtualdj_tutorial_by_yanx.wmv

OO

Mensajes Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 3:59 am
Good to hear you are doing great Double oo ;)

The video tutural or in flash, i'm sure we will make too ;)

@ low fat : more info on US rep will come ;)

Mensajes Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 6:22 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
our [programming] friends at visiosonic been experiencing a 6 year writers' block. aint that a b*tch.
lol

Mensajes Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 7:35 pm

Mensajes Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 12:18 am
Wow... what a discussion board! I'm impressed with all the dedication so many of you have regarding vdj. Now, here's a twist for you all. I am just making the switch to the digital world after 25 years of tapes/vinyl and cd. I tried to pump it out of the support team (kindly I might add) my biggest concern which is the record case not having the ability to show the id3 tags in separate sortable columns. They essentially avoided answering my question, disapointed me... so I made one good decision. I didn't buy FX. I also made what may be a bad decision... I bought Traktor 3. Hmmm... IT'S A HARDWARE HOG! So... tell me, can any of you help convince me to jump deep in with VDJ and get my wish of easily laid out and sortable tags? Heck even the completely overpriced BPM Studio does a better job of that. Many thanks in advance.

Mensajes Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 6:02 am
I am very pleased user of VDJ... but I too want to have better ID3 tag support. Not just Artist, Title, Comment... I need more... it wouldn't be hard to program in... would it? :-(

other than that... I am HAPPY!!

Mensajes Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 9:16 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
The columns may be dragged into view by grabbing the header from the right to the left and overlapping the ones you don't want, they do not reposition like in FX.
Based on how much room you need in your browser and playlist area will determine how many columns you can show.
The genre portion of the 1d3 tag is not currently supported by the program, other than that everything else in the tag is.

Mensajes Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 12:08 pm
Ottawadj: “my biggest concern which is the record case not having the ability to show the id3 tags in separate sortable columns…can any of you help convince me to jump deep in with VDJ and get my wish of easily laid out and sortable tags?”

Maybe dj-in-norway or someone else that has “inside” information on VDJ 4 can provide you with answer to your question.

Ottawadj: “I'm impressed with all the dedication so many of you have regarding vdj.”

Many here made the switch from other software to VDJ because it “impressed” us. Furthermore, things are only going to get better for VDJ users—read this:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/48240/General_Discussion/New_Numark_Gear__is_it_all_based_off_of_Virtual_DJ_s_technogly_.html?page=1

Ottawadj: “I didn't buy FX.”

Thank God!

OO

Mensajes Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 3:38 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
then again i think part of why Red was so stable was coz of the operating system it was sitting on.
Win2k is probably the most robust operating system microsoft released. microsoft helped the memory industry by saying xp needed more memory but win2k's performance just blows xp.

i used win2k only until end of 2002. and now have it dual booting with xp for memories.

Mensajes Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 10:18 pm
hey all , brand new guy here have a few questions . Just now exploreing the digital side of djing , have been using a numark cd deck , mixer etc. well I am very interested in either atomixmp3 or virtualdj ,I had the opurtunity to visit with a freind that has atomix ..and I loved it the ease of finding the music ,loading the music etc. was great . now I know that vdj came out after atomix and they are created buy the same people ...what is the main differences of the two ..I plan on purchasing one very soon but there is quite a price difference any info on the differences between the two is greatly appreciated .
Thanks .

Mensajes Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 6:34 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 10:23 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
skyfxl wrote :
consult the comaprison

comparison

we need a real and objective comparison - vdj have the worse bpm engine - pcdj bpm engine is so far the best - we've been talking about that so many times - vdj needs a new bpm engine :URGENT !!!

Mensajes Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 7:56 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It is working ok for me ;)

Mensajes Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 2:04 pm
My comparison after a week of sampling this product.

ID3 Tags – VDJ - No Support (major let down – reason I’m holding back) - PCDJ – Second to none (flawless)

BPM – VDJ - Hit and Miss (something I live with - How i would live with this is scan the bpm with PCDJ and manually correct the ones I think aren't correct in VDJ - as a dj you kinda knw what the bpms of tracks should range - long but can make do)

Automix - VDJ – Considering how clever this software is, I can forsee the potential of them having an almost flawless automix, but right now is baby steps away - PCDJ , gives you customisation control of fader, time and stuff but the sofware itself ain’t as clever as VDJ yet – both aren’t got really…

I would join the club as soon as they resolve this tagging issue...Pease please please....urgent

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:36 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ezekiels wrote :
ID3 Tags – VDJ - No Support (major let down – reason I’m holding back) - PCDJ – Second to none (flawless)

Is going to be supported in the next version, with other useful features!

Ezekiels wrote :
BPM – VDJ - Hit and Miss (something I live with - How i would live with this is scan the bpm with PCDJ and manually correct the ones I think aren't correct in VDJ - as a dj you kinda knw what the bpms of tracks should range - long but can make do)

You can both change the BPM and its phase (this one also with a slider on the skin or a MIDI knob).

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:54 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)