Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: NUMARK DMC-1 and VDJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I got an option to buy a used DMC-1 really cheap. Does it require any specific drivers etc to work with VDJ ? Or is it just to plug the cable to the computer and VDJ will detect it ?

Mensajes Tue 23 May 06 @ 8:09 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You will need enable it in the config settings under the remote control tab. Also make sure that dmc-1 controller includes the firmware upgrade.

Check out this link for more details.

http://www.gizmolabs.net/

Mensajes Tue 23 May 06 @ 9:09 am
Ok, if it doesn't have the firmware upgrade. should i buy that ? Doesn't it work with VDJ without it ?

Mensajes Tue 23 May 06 @ 9:13 am
As i understand i must have the firmware update from Gizmolabs for it to work. Or it will be locked to PCDJ.

The gizmolabs site looks a little bit old and there are no contact info on the site. Are they still selling it, have anyone bought something from them recently ?

Mensajes Tue 23 May 06 @ 10:37 am
The update is actually a new chip that you must replace. The chip is $99.00, and you will need it, for any software, not just VDJ. My advice is; If you can get the controller for $50.00 go for it. That's what I paid for 1 of the 2 that I have. I paid even less for the other one. That will bring the cost to $150.00. It will give you some control, but you will want more. Otherwise, save your money, and get a controller that will do so much more. I was waiting for the DAC 3, but now I am waiting for Numark, or even VDJ, to drop a controller.

Mensajes Wed 24 May 06 @ 12:00 am
I know it lacks some features, but i can get it really cheap and it could be nice to have as an extra controller.

The problem at the moment is that GizmoLabs doesn't answer my emails. So i don't know if i dare to pay for the upgrade chip at there web-shop. If i do, will i ever receive one ?

Mensajes Wed 24 May 06 @ 9:27 am
How cheap?

Jose

Mensajes Thu 25 May 06 @ 4:21 am
I ask how cheap, because I have one in excellent shape with the upgrade chip and would love to sell it to someone who will get some use of it.

I have two DAC 2s. I have the DAC-1 collecting dust.

The chip is about $100 US.

Jose

Mensajes Thu 25 May 06 @ 4:23 am
If you pay by credit card, you should not have a problem. Josethedj seems to have another alternative. As I said before, if money is not an issue, you could use as a backup. Again, you will not have a lot of fun with this controller, but I guess it is better then nothing.

Mensajes Thu 25 May 06 @ 6:17 am
@JOSETHEDJ
Would you be interested to sell the chip / controller ?

@A Man and His Music
I can pay at Gizmolabs with paypal , that is no problem. But do they deliver ? And it will not be my main controller, it will be in my second set up.

Mensajes Thu 25 May 06 @ 9:34 am
BTW what is the difference in functionality between DMC-1 and DAC-2 ?

Mensajes Thu 25 May 06 @ 12:27 pm
The only difference is that there's no FX button.

So all you're missing is one button.

You can use a custom mapper and assign keys as you desire.

I've been using one for my DAC 2 that works great. VDJ members and the VDJ team will be more than happy to provide their input.

Jose

Mensajes Thu 25 May 06 @ 3:22 pm
They can not stay in business, if they don't deliver. The reason I mentioned the credit card, is you will have an advocate if you run into an issue.

Mensajes Fri 26 May 06 @ 9:57 am
Just want to mention that i got an answer from GizmoLabs ,i ordered the upgrade and it was posted the day after that. So, GizmoLabs are still in business. I have just installed it and it works great..

Mensajes Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 6:14 pm
So all is well in DJ land. Best of luck.

Mensajes Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 6:48 pm
Yes it is ;-)

Well , it's not a DAC-3 but i use a small numeric keypad also to handle Deck FX and samples.

Mensajes Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 7:06 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)