Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: New Playlist - Easier to work with

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

RossMHome userMember since 2004
This will sound as if I'm asking an awful lot to start off.
I'm likely to buy VDJ 2.0 within the next week or so and knowing that you may consider doing this will make me feel much more confident in my purchase.

You'ce added another output for the karaoke feature which will allow singers to read the lyrics off another screen - GREAT

What about a 3rd output (I presently have 3 graphic cards in comp) that you could use soely for the playlist??
It would allow you a lot more space to see whats in your collection but also allow space to have your playlist with songs your planing on playing very soon and also an area to drop songs that your not sure if your going to play or you will play them later on but don't want them in your way just now.

I do a lot of mobile work and when I used CD's I had them organised into different cases (7) ones for albums by artist, compilation albums and singles. The search feature in VDJ is the best I've used so far and one of the main reasons I'm gonna buy iy. However, I liked to just be able to scroll down through my cases looking at albums and sometimes that would give me inspiration for tracks to play.
Seeing all the tracks at once seems too much like hard work looking down them and doing a search relies on you knowing exactly what your looking for.

Is it possible to have the playlist show you only artist albums, compilation albums, singles at one time and then search the whole computer when you know what your after.

Maybe what I mean is could you perhaps add a "Record Case" function for users like me who would like to use it.
This way I could create a new Case called Artists Albums - then add all the mp3's in the directory on my hard drive called Artists Albums.

Is this achievable VDJ Team??

I'm so excited about finally getting this, telling me you may go for this idea I'm likely to collapse lol - I'm such a girl at times.

What does everyone else think about the Playlist on a seperate monitor feature?
You wouldn't be forced to use it, could be optional, dock in skin or dock in seperate monitor??

Comments Welcome

Mensajes Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 12:55 pm
Is it possible to have the playlist show you only artist albums, compilation albums, singles at one time and then search the whole computer when you know what your after.

Just creat a folders on your hard drive and put on him differents shortcut of the Mp3 you want (Vdj can read a shortcut)

And You can use a fonction who's call : Favorite folders.

Mensajes Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 1:01 pm
I'm a wee bit unclear on how that works. maybe it will make more sense once I get full version.

Shortcuts, can you add individual files to the playlist now?

Before you had to scan the whole drive, does this mean you can also scan by folder now?

What about the idea of having it on a seperate monitor completely?

Mensajes Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 1:08 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i asked a similer question to this a while ago regarding a 3 screen setup deck on either side and playlist in the middle. that would be my ultimate setup. the way to have a playlist on another screen is to create a skin that is 2 screens wide ie 1 screen 1024 pixles so it would need to be 2048 pixles wide and 768 high.
i was thinking about doing this at some stage, and am currently almost finished developing a new darkfun skin. i love the layout it is so easy to use. i might go onto make this for a 2 and three screen setup aswell

dj zero

Mensajes Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 1:16 pm
How many People use 2 or 3 screen in a gig??

Mensajes Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 1:35 pm
Maybe in 2020 after all clubs / bars outfit their booths with it. I personally would be looking to haul LESS stuff to a gig, not more.

I prefer the idea of reworked skins that maybe make good use of the new wide screen notebooks. Many DJs do things differently and if using 3 screens is your thing, go for it, but seems a little overkill to me.

Mensajes Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 1:51 pm
yes 3 is probably abit overkill but it is a dream nad would look awsome in a pernament setup. i think there are some users out there that would use 2 screens in regular gigs if there were skins that supported it

Mensajes Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 2:07 pm
I prefere using a second screen for the karaoke song !

Mensajes Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 2:15 pm
Im not your avergae mobile though...I take a full club setup to gigs and turn the clients venue in to a club for one night.

I would deffinately use a 2 monitor setup...I currently have 5 tft's available to the disco. I use tft now for karaoke display instead of 14" tv's.

If there were 2 monitors, one for the 2 decks and one off to the side for the playlist, that would be ideal.

I'm in the middle of having a bracket designed just now to support 3 tft's at the back of my Road Ready case, it will look a little like this when its installed:
__
/ \ ... that may have come out wrongly on the board - hope not

supported at the back of the case with the mixer and my DAC 2 right infront of it.

\ - This monitor will contain all my playlist material (waitlist in the future as well)

__ This monitor will show the 2 deck interface

/ - This monitor will be for running additional applications like my projector - but I'm not telling you what this is for just yet.
Additionally, If I'm not using the projector that night it will be used for lighting.

The bracket has been designed so that it folds the 3 pannels flat and goes in 1 case - If anything...more is less for me - it's gonna cut my setup time and it'll all be in one box.

The skin approach is one way of doing it, don't know just how precise it will be - I've never made a skin before so I wouldn't realy know where to start.

Mensajes Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 2:21 pm
As I said, if you can afford that kind of hardware, then go for it. Just want Atomix to remember that a lot of users don't have the kind of resources to turn a venue into a club [:o)

Very impressive RossM, you should be able to easily afford vDJ now... even if your next gig doesn't pay [:o)

Mensajes Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 2:30 pm
RossM i will continue to develop the 2 and 3 screen setups for you... perhaps you should concider buying the full version. for the rescources available to you this should be small change. it is well worth it

Mensajes Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 2:35 pm
Like I've said before - I am buying it, I don't have a Mastercard though and the site doesn't take Switch. If I get a chance to talk to my dad tonight I'll see if he gives me his MC number and I'll just give him the money back.

I am genuinely skint just now - I just bought some more hardware and I'm saving for 2 custom rack pc's just now that will put what I've got just now to shame.
I've put just under £25,000 in to my disco setup just now, funded entirely by my savings from previous part time jobs.
It's not what I want it to be anymore and what I have could be bought again for £10,000.
The reason I wan't to go over to vDJ is expandability, I forsee that I will be using vDJ just for sometime now and I wan't to build it as a system that will work now and within the long term plans I have for my business...I don't have "that" kind of money lol...I'm only 19 (20 in Sept).

Mensajes Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 7:53 pm
On the 2-3 screen subject I don't know how useful 3 on a DJ side will be to me but its a mint idea mate a deck each side.

I think I just sussed an easy way that anyone can achieve the dream setup they want.
Maybe someone will know the answer to this...

You can run multiple instances of vDJ at the same time correct?

So...what if DJ Zero and I both design a skin that performs a specific function...ie:
a skin that only has playlist features in it.
a skin that shows both deck interfaces.

would it be possible to make "deck" instance read the playlist from "playlist" instance.

Maybe I'm just thinking rubbish...you would also have to assign the skins everytime you run it.

Maybe there is a way that vDJ team can make the Playlist break away from the main skin to a window which I can run full screen on other tft.

Mensajes Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 8:01 pm
these is also support for drag and drop out of other windows programs so you could even make a custom interface using the new xml database to create your own playlist / search engine for VDJ

Mensajes Wed 16 Jun 04 @ 12:34 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)