Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Help! (Equipment)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Before I even get started I just have to say thank you to everyone here on the forums. You guys always help me when I get in some sort of jam and even if VDJ wasn't the best (which it clearly is ;-D ) I would use it because of the great community.

I was looking at the Stanton cm.203 and 205 because I need to get my own mixer and a couple of backup CD players would be useful too. (I usually DJ with someone else, but I'm getting my own gigs too now). I like them because they're pretty sleek, not too expensive, have a 3 band EQ (unlike SO many others), etc. My budget is pretty low, but I could handle getting one of those. On one website that offers the .203 for $279, it said that this would not be released until June. I would have rather gotten it right away, but I decided that I could be patient for something that would fit my needs better than anything else that I had found so far.
Here it is June, and I naturally contacted them to find out when the product would begin shipping. Eventually I figured out that the only way to get any communication with them was through their forum, so I went through registration and everything and posted. (More of a hastle than I would have liked.) I was then informed that I would have to contact Stanton directly to find out. I rolled my eyes and went to Stanton's website to find out how to go about contacting them.
I sent them an email and found out that they were not being released until JULY!!! :(
I need it before then because I will have to put down DJing for two years as soon as September rolls around, and July is a little late to get much use of it, especially when I could be using it now. I explained the situation to the Stanton representative and that I would probably have to buy something else instead.
The email reply was simply: "No don’t do that." I thought it was pretty funny, especially since he didn't give me any alternatives, but I still don't know what to do.

So now I'm stuck. Does anyone know of any similar products or have any other advice that might help?

Mensajes Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 8:10 pm

Mensajes Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 8:54 pm
Thanks for the info. I think I found something else that I might be able to get. I never saw it before because it's fairly new (but at least it's already been released!)

Mensajes Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 5:53 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)