Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: 3 problems...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Might be that I'm a wee bit on the weird side, but I'd really, REALLY like to have a larger window... I'm using the VDJ Hercules console version, and am relatively pleased with it, except for the following. (Please note that I have looked for these problems to be solved by the full version, but have only found that one of them is half-solved by a plugin for the full version...)

1. Window size. I'm using a laptop with fairly high stats, and it's kind of hard to see the teensy-weensy letters when your playing in a club... Strobe lights and smoke machines, anyone...? 1280x1024 would be great, 1400x1050 awesome and 1600x1200 god-like... Right now the choice is between quality miniature text or almost unreadable large text. Is this fixable?

2. Playlist. This problem is in some ways connected to problem no.1, as I like to have a good overview on what choices I have for songs. The playlist part of the window is not scaleable, and the way I sort my songs (artist-folder, album-folder, song) it is kind of hard to see. Further, if there was a possibility to change the info showing in the file window, like artist, album, song, time, bpm, comments, part of this problem would be solved. I did try the full version with the id3 plug-in at a friends 'puter, but it didn't seem to work that way.

3. This problem is connected to #2... The id3 tag reader... As I wrote earlier, the id3 tag plug-in doesn't seem to be able to read all the data that I would like to have. Is this fixed in v2.0? It would be great for me to be able to sort the files like they are sorted in the database but with album info as well, as a lot of the guests at the clubs I play ask for songs like "do you have the XXX's album XXX? I'd like to hear the 3rd song, but I can't remember the name"...

Maybe I'm just babbling, but these are the three main reasons why I haven't bought the full version. I feel like I'd want a product more adapted to my needs if I am to pay 1000SEK for it (again) ;)

To the answers that will undoubtly show their faces: Yes, I have tried other programs, but haven't felt as comfortable using them as I feel with VDJ. Most of them have too much crap for hardcore House/techno dj-artists. VDJ has (almost) everything I need, is no-nonsense, and I would very much like to continue using it..!

Mensajes Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 9:42 am
It is a lot of work, but you are able to make your own skin. The normal skin is just for 1024*786. You could make you own skin for 1600*1400.

You are also abel to select the font, size and color and you are able to make the "file" window as large as you need.

Another option is to try some skins. I Thought that somebody already made a widescreen skin. Changing a skin which comes close to your needs could be better than start from nothing

Ewout

Mensajes Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 2:26 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
About that screen resolution, it's doable u just need to create a whole new skin with a whole new setup and graphic (since the skin defines the resolution...). So about that you'll probably have to ask on Skins section of forum. I also wanted a skin with a very high resolution, but never had enough time to make one... You really shold go ask Fruit about that skin, I support it :)

About Id3 tags, I'm not really sure, I never used them myself, but since it's a plug-in, I don't think it's "solved" in v2.0. The plug-in should be updated...

And you should buy the software :) If there will be enough interest in some idea, it will very probably be included in the following version, the team is rally great on listening to users' requests and wishes!

erXon

Mensajes Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 2:30 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i'm in the process of updating my darkfun skin to 1280 X 1024 at the moment posted the 1024 X 768 yesterday bet it hasn't been put in the addons section yet

Mensajes Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 3:17 pm
chaoscalle... please buy the full version. 1000 svenske kroner is not much for such a great program.. look at what less good dj programs charge for their full version...

I really don't see why u got the ID tag reader... as this is a plugin for FULL version users. How did you get that?

would be great to have another Nordic member here, so buy the full version ... ;) it's definitively worth it! trust me :)

Dj in norway, country right next to chaoscalle's Sweeden :)

Mensajes Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 3:45 pm
chaoscalle

How can you use the Tagid3 reader ??

Which version do you use ??

Mensajes Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 4:15 pm
I quote myself: "I did try the full version with the id3 plug-in at a friends 'puter, but it didn't seem to work that way"

Yes, I sat and played with it for quite some time to see if it's worth putting up the money for it, but I didn't find it useful enough...

Mensajes Mon 21 Jun 04 @ 6:55 am
To clarify: I tried the ID3-tag reader at a friend's, who's got the full version. I wanted to check it out thouroughly before putting up the money for it. 1000 SEK might not be much for you, Norway, but it is for me...

I have not stolen the ID3-tag reader, neither do I have it stored, installed or use it on any of my computers.

I am using VDJ Hercules Console version, legally upgraded to v 1.09...!

Mensajes Mon 21 Jun 04 @ 7:07 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
About that piracy, console users should realy get at least "Console user" or "limited version user" status, 'cause it would solve some problems with piracy suspicion. And they would be something more than just a "demo" user :)

Mensajes Mon 21 Jun 04 @ 12:18 pm
chaoscalle... sorry for bugging you :) You are clearly welcome here with you console version... no problem..

But, IDtag is just going to creat a mess for you. Because most of the times the IDtags are not right, and sooo hard and much work to make right.. Its a lot easier and better to use file-names...
Like this for example:
ARTIST - SONG TITLE (Year).mp3
ARTIST - SONG TITLE -BMP.mp3
or even:
ARTIST - SONG TITLE - BMP - YEAR.mp3
or any other way woul would like it.... :)

It makes searches a whole lot better, no errors or chaos (like IDtags can be), and you can make your own system of files and the way you name them...

erxon, totaly agree with you! Will post a post for the VDJ team to ask for an upgrade in console status, it would be better for all if we all could tell what version everybody is using in the status level... :)

Dj In Norway

Mensajes Mon 21 Jun 04 @ 3:13 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi chaoschalle

May be you could have a look there:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5244

I explain there my way to classify my whole collection.
If you can't understand french I can try to post it in english or may be you could have a look on a translation website.

I'm renaming every mp3 on my HD. It's a lot of work but when finished it's ok forever.

Clax

Mensajes Mon 21 Jun 04 @ 4:05 pm
No prob, Norway... I just resented being called a thief by the piracy guy...

I'm going to try to make a skin in 1400x1050, and then we'll see if I can't use the file-names as they are... Or, more probable, I'll buy the full version just for the hell of it... ;)

Mensajes Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 11:48 am
hehe ;)

Well, would be nice to see another scandinavian here... so welcome as a member if you do buy ;)

Dj In Norway

Mensajes Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 1:10 pm
hehe

There have been quite a few scandinavians that have come and gone over the years. Almost 5 years now... man how time flies.

Some might still be hanging around the atomixmp3 forum. :)

- Jim Nordic of Norway

Mensajes Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 8:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)