Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: What video format do you prefer to use in VDJ ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Mix93fmPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Just wondering what video format you mix with in VDJ. Do you use the VOB files ( promo only rips etc), Do you re-encode to mp2 or RM at alower rate & what software do you prefer to use for re-encoding (if you do) ?
I have been riping Promo Only with DVD Decrypter & then re-encoding in Sony Vegas to a lower mp2 rate to keep the file size low but wanted to see if there is another/better/quicker method to do these things.
Thanks - Stevie T - Tampa FL

Mensajes Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 12:15 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I like to use divx 4 to transcode, blaze media pro is very quick also

Mensajes Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 6:30 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
The best way is to take advantage of uncompressed vobs and get drives that have the capacity for what you want to keep and toss the rest.

The biggest advantage to new VJs is the specialty/classics series by PO, the essentials and then some which reduces drive space and cost as well.

Mensajes Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 8:27 pm
I think i rather have them all compressed saves me alot of space, as far as quailty well, were talking about bars and clubs , most people are to drunk to notice

Mensajes Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 8:52 pm
I use vob's, and am looking for larger hard drives. I have carried so much equipment and music for 38 years. Three years ago, I was carrying 6,600 cds to every gig, and into the club, everyday. I do not have to have the smallest rig. How bad can it be to carry around a few bigger hard drives?

Mensajes Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 10:09 pm
@a man and his music: This is the largest external consumer harddrive you could get. It is 750GB.
Ewout

Mensajes Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 10:18 pm
@A Man and His Music
not hard at all ..but more hard drives mean more power and I'm running a 1u server the biggest psu for my set up is 400w, going by the psu calculator im right where i need to be anything else in the case and i'll have to do a full upgrade

@superstom give it a few months and that 750 will look small, you can even go for this one http://www.nextag.com/LaCie-1-TB-7200-77082608/prices-html

Mensajes Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 10:21 pm
@phillyDJ,
I know about the lacie drives. There is also a 1.6TB version. There is also a Maxtor 1TB drive, but these drives are more pro, with raid 0 and 1 and contain more than 1 disk (The Lacie you mentined has 2 500G drives). That's why I mentioned "consumer" drives, which are rather affordable.
Of course they will release bigger drives in the future.
Ewout

Mensajes Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 10:59 pm
cant wait for a tb drive for laptops

Mensajes Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 11:13 pm
I use VOBs. My system is a RAID setup, so I can always swaps drives out for larger drives as I run out of room. The RAID card I use allows me to have different sized drives in the array unlike standard arrays.

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 12:57 am
@Superstorm

Thanks for the link, knew about the drive. I hate those cute little cases, because I hate power adapters. What I need is a case with a fan, that will hold a 500g hard drive, usb & fire wire, and does not need a power adapter. The 2 I have now, have 200g, but only hold up to 350g.

@Phillydj

My SFF box has 3 internal drives, dvd drive, 7 card reader, modem, pro sound card, and a video card that wants a min 350w psu. I only have a 300w psu, I can't change it, so I got a powered usb port, for my 2 external drives.

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 5:17 am
Wow that's a whole lot on a 300w psu, I know it can be done but, I ran into issues before because of it so i rather make sure the power is more than enough.

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 6:22 am
My next machine will be the shit. I just have not decided what I'm going to build. This machine is just over 2 years old, and is starting to act up. My parallel port just broke from setting up & tearing down twice a day.

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 8:46 am
@a man and his music,
I hate power adapters as well. At this moment everything you buy has at least one :-(. Cell phone, router and also the external harddrives. I just built the adapter in one of my cases. I simply "slide" the harddrive in the case, attach both the power and the firewire cable. So I never (hope so) see this adapter and I dont have to tidy up the cables as well. Maybe a tip. especially if you have so many gigs as yourself.
Ewout

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 6:27 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)