Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: cd players or controller

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

my setup: mixer-pc-2 turntables-hercules dj control mp3
Now, my question: should i buy 2 cd players (denon dn1000) with tccd's or just a controller like dac-3.
Does anybody have a suggestion?
ps: i'm just a home dj

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 10:32 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Well.. do you want to scratch and use also normal cds? so go to cd-players.
Do you want to have great controller with self define buttons and to controll whole VDJ? then go to dac3 :)
Simply as that.

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 10:35 am
thanx for your fast answer xeon. I think i'm going to order the controller.

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 10:41 am
Hi gregory1

The DAC-3 isn't cheap, but it works really well with VDJ. I bought it a few months ago and haven't regretted it. It's solid and very very reliable with VDJ.

A

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 11:41 am
Another option could be the iCDX (not yet available) from Numark. Bit more expensive than the dac3, but you have table top controller for VDJ and you could also play cds, mp3 on cds and on dvds.
Look on the Numark site for more info.
Ewout

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 7:00 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you're going to do simple mixing of tracks like any regular DJ, I suggest Pioneer CDJ players. That's what I am planning on doing myself. I play at clubs and there is no room for a controller at DJ booths anyway. All I will need to do on the laptop is select a track, sometimes play with loops and sound samples. Those are pretty simple functions that don't need knobs or faders and a laptop keyboard/touchpad handles them just fine. The rest is done on the mixer and CDJs.

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 5:21 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)