Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: In THe CLUB - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

it seems there's a lot of bedroom dj's on here.... are there any of you that use it in the club on a regular basis?
have you had any problems?
i see a lot of dj's using SSL but not VDJ in the clubs especially for hip-hop -

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 8:04 pm
What, did you read two post and come to that conclusion? I play in a club 5 days a week and run mobile on the weekends, and have no problems, does that answer your question, or is there something else? By the way, I see a lot of Technics 1200 turntables in clubs, especially for hip-hop, so your point being what? I believe most of the DJs here are pro, but I could be wrong. What are you, and what do you use?

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 8:19 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've used VDJ in a club several times, no issues! I don't use TCV, just a mixer, soundcard and shuttlepro controller.

Just about every club DJ here in Seattle is on a laptop, mostly SSL but I've seen a few others. Have yet to see a fellow VDJ-er though...

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 8:25 pm
Runs videos in a couple clubs 7 nights a week

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 9:09 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I do Bars, Clubs with Vdj with no problems..Personally I think weddings are more important than any mess ups at a bar or club and to answer that question I trust VDJ enough to do weddings with it's a very stable program.

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 9:20 pm
I'm a Hip-hop dj. I do clubs fairly regularly, and yes, I used TCCD/TCV with my u46dj sound card. VDJ has performed reliably for me, especially this latest 3.4 build.

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 10:07 pm
I use VDJ alongside with Pioneer cd decks 2-3 times a week..... live on clubs

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 10:10 pm
Pro in club, sometimes 6-7 days a week. Only use TCCD when at home.

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 10:16 pm
I use VDJ during my mobile show 2-3 times a week. If you read my blog, you will see that my equipment would not fit in my bedroom...
Ewout

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 11:44 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I use VDJ on laptop in clubs, and just getting back my resident position in my home town in a club that can take up to 1000 people! Satisfied? :)

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 2:07 am
i wasnt saying it all that as a diss... just as a question - it might also be because i'm in the states, but most all the top dj's over here use SSL i have yet to see one in the club running VDJ. what are your opinions on VDJ vs SSL... is VDJ really just as stable? and sound as good?

as far as what i use.. i've used vinyl records since i've started... went from the bedroom to performin in front of hundreds in 3 months... been in and out of clubs all over cali to vegas to answer your question.
just hate luggin records around and dont want to be limited by CDs.... i love vinyl... so i figured this or SSL is the best of both worlds...

i'm just wondering if there is a place to get the TCV in the states cuz that shippin is crazy -

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 4:52 am
I'm an ex clubbing DJ. Now only do mobile shows and use TCV and so far VDJ has been great for me.

VDJ vs SSL? there's been quite a few posts about it in the past and both have their ups and downs. I prefer VDJ over SSL for the ease of use although I prefer SSL for the TCV feel and control.
Really depends on what you want to do although with 4.0 around the corner I think you might start seeing VDJ in more clubs ;) specially with video scratching and mixing.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 7:13 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm in the States,. Washington D.C. Metro. I am a Professional D.J. Working clubs at least 3 nights a week.
I also do private parties, cabarets, weddings, High school and College parties (not small ones either). I
I have been using VDJ in all these settings and have no problems or issues with it. I use TCV, I go straight off the laptop,, and soon...TCCD's.

I am a Hip Hop DJ. I scratch, cut, beat juggle, drop, mix blend, and remix.
NO PROBLEMS!!!

As to the debate over VDJ ans SSL,

I like VDJ alot better. Better cost, MUCH more versatile, MUCH better effects, MUCH more features, FREE updates, Plugins, choice of skins and options, Man, YOU CAN MIX AND SCRATH VIDEOS. Hou Hot Is That???

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 4:13 pm
Everybody's been posting here in support of VDJ, and I support it too, but I think it's worth mentioning that SSL has some real advantages over VDJ in the TCV department at this point in time... First of all, SSL has the Magic Serato Box that gives you the soundcard and all the connections you need to hookup a laptop to a mixer in a club... To use VDJ, you need to purchase your own separate external soundcard, and the only affordable one that seems to work reliably is the Maya44. The Maya44 is a defunct soundcard -- it is not produced and sold by regular retailers anywhere in the world. To get one of these you need to find some sketchy seller on eBay -- and one may only pop up every month or 2. Not sure how else to get it... So that's kind of inconvenient. Not to mention that you cannot use regular vinyls with the "bypass" command in VDJ and expect to hear anything but a scratchy, clawing mess of sound. To get it right, you need a preamp and a mess of splitting cables. So that kinda sucks too. Also VDJ can crash more easily than SSL, and its sound quality is almost certainly inferior at the present time. The extra features found in VDJ are nice, but not necessarily useful for everyone -- and the effects? Come on, does anyone really use these? They're not so great...

VDJ 4.0 will probably fix most of these problems, but still there is the problem of finding an external soundcard that will work with it well... Because Serato offers this as part of its product, and works pretty much flawlessly all the time, it's easy to see why it is more popular in clubs today.

Don't get me wrong, I love VDJ, but the TCV part of it just isn't quite there yet in my opinion... I'm really hoping version 4.0, soon to be released, will fix all of these problems, and that a new affordable external soundcard like the Maya44 will pop up soon...

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 10:23 pm
well....

VDJ + dedicated soundcard, sold in one packed deal, with timecode vinyls... thats called Numark Virtual Vinyl. So, Numark VV, is kinda the SSL version of VDJ in a way ;) At least in terms of buying all-in-one packed deal....

Numark Virtual Vinyl is what SSL is... a packed deal with soundcard included.

VDJ on the other hand, will be more "open" for all kinds of soundcards and controllers etc ( a thing that SSL is not). As for new soundcard to replace the Maya for VDJ... well, its U46dj! works miracles with VDJ.. ;)
( http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=60 )

There you go ;) ( http://www.numark.com/ )

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 11:03 pm
Oh yeah. :) [Drooling at the mouth] When this comes out, I think the people sitting on the fence will be coming over to the VDJ camp. With that setup, I bet you will start seeing more of it in the clubs too.

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 11:49 pm
yeah, think Numark VV will have a good sucsess as preinstalled at different clubs... :)
Easy setup, dedicated hardware... timecode included ... all with nice brand logo ;)

All the dj needs to bring is music....

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 12:00 am
there's only a few problems with VDJ3.4 even with this new numark VV... PRICE PRICE PRICE.....

two time coded vinyl shipped to the USA - $53.49
VDJ Software - $149
U46dj - $219
RCA Cables... $20-30
Total - $441

If you go to guitar center and talk to the people there you can get SSL for around that price... maybe a bit lower.

who knows how much Numark VV is going to cost

M-Audio Torq.... (with interface/scratch amp and TCV TCCD's) - $350!!!!!

please tell me if i've miscalculated

also when is VDJ4/Numark VV coming out and i would like to see some of this stuff demo'd by some skratch dj's to me thats a better test. IMO

my advice is to lower the price of this stuff

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 2:40 am
some damn expensive RCA cables;) hehe

But Numark VV will be sold in shops too, making it easier to pick up at least.
The price I'm not all sure of yet. The list price is around where you say, but see some preorder shops selling it cheaper allready..

But you also get what you pay for.. Torq or SSL doesnt have nearly as many features as VDJ.
And dj software that can compare in that respect, cost more...

But there will always be some cheaper some more expensive. I'm not in charge if the price anyways:)

some comparison of price on bottom of page here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Some scratch videos of early beta of Numark VV / VDJ 4:

http://www.skratchworx.com/messe2006/virtualvinyl/num_vv.mp4 (cant be streamed directly in forum, so you need to download it. If you have any problems with mp4 videos, this free video player will play any video : http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ )

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 2:56 am
This looks great DJ-in-Norway!! I didn't know about this Numark Virtual Vinyl product, fantastic...

Yes, I think that will even the score with SSL! People don't want to worry about finding all these different components on their own, doing research into different brands and technology -- with it all packaged in 1 kit, like SSL, it is sure to be a big success! Happy to see this, I am a huge fan of Virtual DJ, and glad to see it is doing what it needs to do to really catch on in the DJ world!

And also, you are right, it's nice to be able to use any soundcard, and not be stuck with 1 the way Serato is... Serato reminds me of the iPod -- not the best MP3 player by any means, but so user-friendly and accessible to the general public that is popular just because of that... Now the more intricate and powerful software, VDJ, will have this appeal as well ;)

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 3:55 pm
95%