Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: My first Gig ! Need Help, Suggestion ...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello all!!

Following my first gig with VirtualDJ and my DJ controler Mk2, I have some questions. First of all, here facts: I tested that during a few hours my new DJ controler Hercules MK2 (Yes I know, a lack of experience, but I read so much on the forum and this console that that took to me that a few minutes for good to control it, and there is not the problem!)

The evening begins and after 4-5 song, here is that the screen hang +/-2 seconds, the part of the song repaeting during 1 second (like a bad loop) and all becomes normal again. The problem repeats to all the 4-5 songs. At the beginning, I believed to see that hapen when a song load or when the song finished (with the movement of the arm of the reader vynil in VDJ). I had not this problem at the house. On the other hand, in my practice of before this evening, I did not play the songs entirety and I had fun with the effects, the loops and the sample.

Unfortunately, I have to use my backup (a laptop) with WinAmp! I am nevertheless very positive that all this will regulate for next Saturday!!! And yes, I would use my new equipment with confidence!!! I however enormously read the “topics” on the performances of my system, the optimization of my WinXP…. it seems to miss something?!

Here my configuration:
HP DX2000 MT P4 3.0ghz
2 Gigs of RAM
2 hard disk 7200 (1 Windows and VDJ, the other MP3)
2 SoundBlaster Audigy
Video card “On-Board” with 32MB of memory max (Source of my problem??)

Here my questions:

- Is this better to use 2 Sound Blaster Audigy or the sound of my console MK2?

- I think of changing my tower for a portable, however, several advise to use 2 hard disks (for Windows and the VDJ and the other for the music) While I don't think buying a laptop with 2 hard drive, si better to use an external disc (USB2 or FireWire) for the music?

Thank you for your answers, helps and suggestions!!
Pascal

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 9:11 pm
Make sure you have the latest drivers for the hercules mk2 from hercules.com. Also what sound drivers were you using, asio or wdm? Were any of the effects enabled when you had this problem? You have to remember to manually disengage some of the effects or you will have some embarrasing moments after loading tracks. Whatever it is I'm sure it can be sorted.

Bless

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 9:42 pm
Make sure your system performance is improved for playing audio. See this thread for tips.
In short
- Make sure you use the pc for djing only, no internet use, no office etc installed
- Switch off all unnecessary services, like virus scanner and so on
- Have as much internal memory as possible 512MB is minimum, 1G is better, 2G is even better.
- Defrag your hard drive
- Keep Windows and VDJ on a seperate drive than your music
Ewout

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 11:40 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you've configured windows to run only vdj and there is still problems, I would naturally assume its your video card. I had a similar problem on my older laptop which I've since exchanged for a laptop with high specs in the video. Now vdj runs perfect :)

Try purchasing a higher spec agp/pci video card and disabling your onboard video. Last resort obviously..

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 11:46 pm
Do any of you guys playing tcv's in clubs ever play a whole set while using timestretch?

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 12:27 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You have a very powerfull machine there, and I think the problem isn't in video card unless it is onboard. Still, even onboard video card can work well as long as you use only audio in VDJ. For video you will need Nvidia 6600Gt or higher to be safe. Back on your problem, you have 2Gb of ram, so at least 2 modules inside your machine, are they the same? If not, pull one out and try how VDJ performs with 1Gb. Also, see in your Device Manager is your channels for Ide/Sata in DMA mode and not PIO only. Windows sometimes sets PIO mode because of an error or something and never returns in DMA automaticly. Check for the latest drivers for all of your hardware and try to consult some PC service people to help you sort out the problem. I have Gericom Hummer 2.8Ghz and only 512Mb of ram and it is working very good with audio.

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 1:56 am
There might be a conflict with your 2 sound cards.
Useing 2 soundcards of the same brand same model can cause a driver conflict. I had the same thing with a soundblaster product. In the end I removed one sound card and used only one. and the multi- channel fuction to my mixer - worked alright.

But If you are only running a laptop and mkII why even bother with a sound card?
The controller isn't the greatest but the soundcard included with it is of reasonable quality.
I would suggest just use the hercules for now unless you go to a bigger set-up with a dac controller and an external mixer

DJ Marcel
Resident DJ
Purple Onion Nightclub

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 4:35 am
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yesterday I tested during 3 hours (simulation ). I take care of all the advice and the topics of help and optimization, I still have slownesses when I use the software at 100%. E.g.: I seek songs regularly while another play, I activate/desactive loops, I listen to another song in my ear-phones, and sudden, the part jumps and/or idle, in short, I feel that my computer(and VDJ) tear off some during a few seconds and all becomes again normal. Curiously, that arrives when I does not make anything else!!!

After 2h30, I had fun to change the function “Time Stretch” (Disable, Enable, Insane, Super Insane….) and when I go up in quality, I reproduce my problem regularly. In my tests, I was in Enable.

I have the chance to have access to new computer which I can test. Considering I doubt my video card(32mb), I make the test on another station which has some advantages on the old one:

HP DX2200Mt becomes HP DC7600
CPU = 3.0Ghz
Hard disk: 2x ATA becomes 2x SATA (1 for Windows/VDJ and the other for music)
Memory: 2Gig GDR becomes 1,5Gig DDR2
May be ??: Power supply unit 245w becomes 365w
And especially: Carte Video One-Board 32Mb becomes Video Carte PCIExPress 256Mb ATI

I give again news of them…. If the tests are not conclusive, I will put Time Stretch at Disable and I await version 4!!!

I forget, you advise me WinXP or Win2k??? I am in WinXP Pro at present…

Thank you!

Pascal

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 3:20 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You should disable Time Stretch because it messes sound and it will be approved a lot in V4.

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 3:59 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)