Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Screen flashes several times when opening VDJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

GilbzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Just curious whether this is the norm or not. (not a copmuter buff)

When I open up VDJ my screen blanks out 3 or 4 times before finally VDJ shows.

This also happens when I plug in my USB dongle to upload my tunes to VDJ.

Is it related to the graphics card which is a Sapphire Radeon X1300 512MB?
Or the memory which is 2gb Corsair?

It's really bugging me as it feels like something is either conflicting or resetting itself, even the curser repositions itself to the centre of the screen after the balnking out.

( I must aplolgise to Tophouse who built this machine for me, I did ask him once about it! But feel it shouldn't be happening)

Cheers!

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 1:39 pm
It is happening if you use FULL SCREEN.... for example if you use full screen, no matter if you use 800x600, 1024x768 or 1280x1024, if VDJ have 1024x768 skin, it will change to that resolution. Try to click on upper right box to Un-Fullscreen VDJ, then close it and open again. It shouldn't be doing that :)

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 1:44 pm
@Gilbz,
probably you have selected a skin that has another siza as your screen resolution. Lets say you have set your screen resolution to 1024*768 and you load a skin with the size 800*600.
Solution is simple: Use a skin that has the same size as your screen resolution. It is annoying when it occurs, but not really a problem.
Ewout

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 11:49 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@Gilbz, ... press the maximize button once.. (top/right corner)
It's that simple !

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 12:06 am
lol!

I use the origional skin that I got with the programme. I'll click that stupid button later on and see what happens

(Gilbz hides away in embarassment!)

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 2:55 pm
Gilbz wrote :

(Gilbz hides away in embarassment!)

And so you should Gilbzy you turnip!

Mine does that slight flash when I start up, VDJ. I'm not sure if it's Radeon specific or not, but when you update the drivers on a radeon, it does the same thing when you first start windows after the driver upgrade. It's simply the radeon software setting it's resolution etc, when running vdj fullscreen at 1024 x 768 on a 15" monitor that also runs 1024 x 768, in effect you are refreshing the desktop, it really isn't a problem. However, Gilbzy, do the performance tweak i posted here :-

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/52775/Software_Technical_Support/Crash_To_Windows_(possible_fix).html

Since doing that I've noticed a serious hike in performance and not a single crash to desktop.

Still waiting for some post from you as well ;o)

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 5:32 pm
:turnip:

lol I knew you would respond Dion! I hope you don't feel I was having a dig or whatever. Your a busy guy and I didn't want to sound a numpty asking you again!

Anyway whats all this 'Gilbzy'?????

I think your spending too much time with Baron lol!!

As for the goods I have to send you, I have a weekend off so I'll get it sorted for you!

Cheers mate!

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 8:42 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)