Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Keyboard Command List?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Is there already a keyboard reference list? If not, I will write one and post for everyone to use and share.

I just wanted to ask, before I make one, cause I am sure someone else already has it printed.

Mensajes Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 9:25 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Most do not have it printed. It is always at your finger tips in the Config - Keyboard Shortcuts tab.
It shows you the shortcuts set to what functions. So really no need to print. Also, if you open the shortcuts.xml in Notepad you can view the same list.

Hope that helps.
cstoll

Mensajes Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 9:58 pm
That does indeed help. Okay, no need to create a list cause everyone has it customized. Too bad though, would have been my first chance to do something for the VDJ community.

Mensajes Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 10:02 pm
This would be a great idea if the keyboard shortcuts were permanent, but everyone customizes them so it wouldn't really help much.

What might be a more useful idea is to write a parser for the shortcuts file that makes a nice formatted printout of that. That's something that would be useful. I know there's a lot of Perl experts on here who could knock it out in a few minutes.

Mensajes Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 10:19 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
you could always write an actions list would help the skinners.

Mensajes Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 10:26 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yeah, there are a lot of actions that are not in the Skin SDK document... I'd like a more complete list... perhaps something easily searchable.

What would be really hot is if someone created a sort of development environment for creating the XML for a skin file...

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 10:52 am
Hi,
anewsome wrote :
This would be a great idea if the keyboard shortcuts were permanent, but everyone customizes them so it wouldn't really help much.

I do believe that atomix are right, they have provided the way to fully customize vdj. We all have different needs, so it shouldn't good to force a sort of conformance.

However,
I use a very simple procedure: I configured my shortcuts (yes, it took a lot of time, but I did it once, for ever).

To import the shortcut list. shortcuts are stored in shortcuts.xml under the vdj directory. You simply have to copy that file when vdj is closed.

If you use more than one pc, before overwriting, just open both of the files and look at the modification date written at the beginning of the file. If you use a file synchronizer like beyond compare or araxis merge you may point out any differences.

Remember that you can always save and load your keyboard configuration when vdj is running using the appropriate functions in the keyboard shortcut tab.

I recommend not to load/save your data in the shortcuts.xml file

IMHO I prefer not to stuff too many actions in the skin, because, if you find a new skin, and want to use it, you may waste time in learning the new skin, thing which is not necessary if you import the shortcuts.xml file, because it is not bound to any skin. (so the skin switch will be at 0-time cost!)

Hope it helps
DJPier

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 12:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)