Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: hi-just a couple of simple questions!,well 3

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hi there, just wondered if someone could give me a bit of advice?

1.why does some files on music websites download as an mpg file and not mp3 ?when it says `mp3 ` files at the top of the page ,but saves in my folder as mpg

2why does my virtual dj try to update whenever i start it up ,im running 3.4 and as soon as it connects to the site it says i have the latest update?

3.how come i cant run my vdj in asio mode it will only run wdm?

any advice is greatly appreciated ,ta in advance

neil

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 9:25 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
1. You will have to tell us where and how you're downloading these files
2. I am not sure why it's doing that, but you can disable AutoUpdate by going to Config>General>AutoUpdate
3. Do you have an ASIO compatible soundcard?

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 10:03 am
ok ta for the quick help,
i was downloading them from the go home productions website in the mp3 section,and a couple of other bits and bobs off the bbc cult tv website ,theme songs etc-
ill turn off the auto update thing as well,thats the easy answer
and no i guess i dont have an asio compatible soundcard,as i got the herc plugged straight into my lappy ,then out to an amp-would it help the sound quality alot if i could use the asio settings??,cause that seems to be the biggest drawback for me so far using vdj and herc,could i get like a creative external card and run the herc into that then out to an amp to improve the sound ?not sure it would do it ?,but there must be a way round the sound quality problems right?

thanks again ,
neil

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 11:47 am
I'm not an audio technician but I was always under the assumption wdm was made to better asio? Whether it actually has I don't know, but I find it a lot more stable and can't tell the difference between the sound quality (if anything, wdm is better because my cpu seems to be able to handle more cycles without crackling when using wdm), I only use asio because I'm forced to with TCV not so much because I want to.

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 11:53 am
asio's latency is lower than wdm. The sound quality is usually dependent on the software afaik, such as people saying that "VDJ 4 will have better sound quality than 3.4".

And just in case you needed to know, it doesn't matter at all if you download the files as mpg or mp3. mp3 is the 3rd (audio) layer of mpg / mpeg, so as long as it dont have video, file size, quality ect will be identical.

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 6:54 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ASIO usually bypasses drivers and lets the software like VDJ talk directly to the hardware (your soundcard). What this does is minimize the latency, and should provide the best/flat sound. This is not the case with VDJ 3.4 because of the way it was implemented, hopefully this will be fixed in version 4.

If you are using a Hercules DJ Controller, it has an ASIO compatible soundcard built into it. Make sure you're using the sound card in the controller, and not the one in your laptop.

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 7:17 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)