Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Is there a way to tag Video?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm kind of anal and obsessive about tagging my audio collection, and I always have to make sure that I have correctly spelled and formatted Title, Artist, Album, Tracknumber, Genre, Date, BPM, and anything else relevent that can help me find music.

Now I've got so much emphasis on video, and I'm not really satisfied with the scenario I've got where I basically just have to put as much information in the filename as I can, and then hope I can find it. I mean, it works, but I'd love to be able to search my videos by genre or the like, and I really don't think that genre or BPM belongs in the filename.

I know there are some types of video container formats that support tags, like Matroska, perhaps, but I know little about them. I think that the new divx formats support it too... but does anyone know anything about tagging video?

Furthermore, is there any chance in hell that Virtual DJ will ever support some kind of video tagging? That'd be nice, but right now I just want to know if there's a way to tag video... I can always use another application to search through them for the time being, which is what I do for normal audio via foobar2000.

Thanks a bunch for any info.

Mensajes Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 8:46 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i tagged video by accident one time using tag&rename and guess what ...they didnt work until i removed the tags, so i doubt it's possible but if anyone has sucessfully done let I'd like to know too
BTW wmv doesn't count ( I know they can be tagged)
For the meanwhile just do what i do and rename the video Artist - Title that way VDj will have all the fields filled

Mensajes Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 8:41 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)