Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: What Kind of Registration/Copy Protection

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I just downloaded the dem of 3.4 and am quite impressed with the video. I would like to know on the pro package you purchase what kind of copy protection? How many computers can I use it on? Is is just a serial number, a dongle or some stupid internet registration tied to your hardware like PCDJ FX. I love FX but I am so tired of waiting for video and I am also so tired of having to call them to register again everytime I make a modification to my computer(s) or play at a new club and move the software to a new computer. Please tell me virtual dj is either a dongle I can take with me or a some other simple way to move it from computer to computer without having to call somebody or be connected to the internet..

Mensajes Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 12:47 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
When you buy VDJ, you get an email with your personnal serial number.

Then you get another email with a link to download VDJ's installation file.

You can burn the file on a CD to back it up, in case you are afraid to loose it on your computer.

You can install VDJ on as many computers as you want using after each installation your serial number to "activate" the software, BUT you must be the only person using VDJ.

If you keep the installation file and the serial number safe, you will never need to make any calls neither will you need internet... well you do to get the free updates :)

And if you loose your serial number and/or the installation file, you can ask the support team to send it back to you.

Mensajes Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 1:14 am
JeremK wrote :
You can burn the file on a CD to back it up, in case you are afraid to loose it on your computer..
IMO you should burn to a CD, or keep a copy on a USB stick. That is what I do, I keep all my important installation archives on a USB stick (and a backup CD to be honest)..

Mensajes Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 1:25 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
To answer your question directly: It's a per-user licence, protected only with serial number (no need for emails). Means you can install on any computer with your serial as long as you're the user.

Regards.

Mensajes Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 9:35 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm quite happy with the copy protection in Virtual DJ. It's not all too encumbering. I used to use AlcaTech BPM Studio, and it had a USB dongle... so you have to hang on to that dongle... if you lost it, you're out the $400 cost of the (crappy) program. Ouch.

Also, you could feasibly start the software, then remove the dongle, but otherwise you lost a USB port, which could be pretty annoying on the average laptop that sports only two ports. I'd guess most laptop DJs already need to plug in a USB soundcard, maybe a USB hard drive, the controller for a DJ program... etc. So losing a port for a dumb dongle is frustrating.

I suppose Atomix's way of doing things still could allow for one copy to be used more than once at a time, but it should prevent a license from being used by a whole bunch of people, which is fair enough. I hope that they don't plan on using a more restrictive method than what they already have implemented, because copy protection can be a major headache if it's not implemented well.

But... my point is that VDJs copy protection should not be a consideration against you purchasing it. I don't think there's any DJ software on the market that offers the same bang for the buck, especially if you are an aspiring Video DJ.

Mensajes Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 11:59 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Another point, off-topic but still important, VDJ 4 is on it's way and the price could possibly raise when it is released.

If you buy VDJ now, (version 3.4) you will get the update for VDJ 4 for free.

Mensajes Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 1:26 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)