Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: DAC3

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djpuursPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Wich one of you guys uses that controller. Is it good are you happy with it?
Greetz

Mensajes Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 7:00 pm
I own and have used a DAC-3 since December last year and am very pleased with it. With my custom mapper, it's very flexible and as close as you can get to a standard dual-CD player setup (Without actually using one with timecode CD's!)

With my mapper, you can control most functions of VDJ directly from the controller, including browsing files/folders using jogwheel, triggering loops/FX/samples and adjusting FX parameters, and video mixing with automatic crossfading.

The DAC-3 is ideal rackmounted with a mixer in a lfightcase, but can also be used stand-alone. It doesn't have a built-in soundcard, so you will need a suitable soundcard (E.g: Maya44, U46DJ, etc.)

Mensajes Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 10:55 pm
I can only agree with jpboggis. I have had two DAC-3s. I bought one as soon as they came out and tried it with another software. I was pretty peed off with the other software and was offered a good deal for the DAC-3 so I sold it.

A bit later on, when I realised that VDJ worked well with the DAC-3 I bought another one and have found that the two together work brilliantly. Thanks to the mapper from jpboggis, it is superb.

It's just so easy to match the beat, align and beatmatch onscreen or in phones using the jog wheels and then fade across on the mixer. Then press the reset button to let the track return gradually to it's original tempo. Magic for a dj with things going on all the time, like in a mobile dj environment. I have mine in a rack with mixer and a backup CD player (which doesn't get used ever)

I wouldn't hesitate. A few people have reported sticky buttons, but mine works very responsively.
It seems very solidly built too.

A

Mensajes Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 2:23 pm
Agreed. Had mine since it came out and it works great with VDJ thanks to the mapper from jpboggis.

Mine has been used much and i haven't experienced any problems like sticky buttons. It seems solid and rebust.

Perhaps those that have sticky buttons have spilt there beer on it, or fag ash....

Mensajes Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 4:41 pm
I know what fag ash is, but wonder if our USA friends do????? ;-)

A

Mensajes Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 5:03 pm
djpuursPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Allright thanks! I will buy one soon I think!Greetz

Mensajes Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 5:03 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Wouldn't fag ash be a cigarette ash?

Mensajes Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 5:26 pm
I'm also happy with my DAC-3, and much thanks to the mapper made by JPboggis

Mensajes Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 5:40 pm
Only had mine about a month, but it is the shit. JPboggis's mapper takes it over the top.

Mensajes Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 9:47 pm
@mp3jrick

Yeah, you're dead right. ;-)

Someone once said that the USA and England were divided by a common language, but I think that was an exaggeration.

Mensajes Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 11:30 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)